Carnegie Mellon Admissions Fall 2022

Was there any mention of admitted student visit days coming up? We’ve been waiting for the dates. S22 was admitted ED, but we haven’t seen dates announced yet.

D22 waitlisted- Mellon sciences.
Waitlisted at Rice, Harvey Mudd, UCLA, UCB, UMICH

1 Like

D22 accepted to School of computing. Congrats to all those got accepted!!!

11 Likes

Thank you so much!! We are so grateful for all of his acceptances :heart:
He has visited all the schools he has been accepted to (except CMU) so was able to narrow down his choices. Now waiting for the remaining FA letters to make a decision.

2 Likes

In the letter.

Because of your qualifications, we are offering you the opportunity to be placed on our priority waiting list.

Quite CMU-like to invent something to further confuse.

Accepted Tepper!

2 Likes

Same! So excited!

Son accepted to Mellon College of Science.
1500 SAT, 95.5 average, very good (but not exceptional) ECs
Particularly strong essay supplement

Very strange application cycle as others have been saying.

Admits: Suny Binghamton, U of Pittsburgh (honors), Syracuse and now CMU
Waitlist: Case Western, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rejected: Yale, Johns Hopkins

Still waiting on a couple more…

3 Likes

No mention of admitted students days/tours on the letter whatsoever. Congrats on your son’s acceptance!!

In 2019 CMU made those waitlisted write an essay! It was a big controversy and a turn-off to many.

S22 Priority Waitlist Computer Science. 1550 SAT single sitting, 4.4 GPA/3.9 UW, 11 APs and an A in Calc 3 (DE) Tech Start up, Patent holder, Robotics, Athletics.

Currently looking to set a worldwide waitlist record.

5 Likes

Congratulations!! You should be proud of her achievements!!

1 Like

She doesn’t have a strong CS EC (slowly teaching herself), but into competition math, AIMIE x4 and USAMO this year probably made it sweet.

4 Likes

Feeling terrible for DS. On his app, he must have indicated interest in a dual Biochem/music technology program, and today’s rejection came from the School of Music! I know he didn’t “mean” to apply to both schools. but must have erred. His eyes welled up as we puzzled over it. I guess it’s a huge bummer mistake on his part; I wonder if appealing will do any good. Wish I had give the app a once-over but didn’t want to interfere.

Your kid is just amazing and one rarely see this kind of series of home runs as she has had. God bless the kid and the family!!

S priority waitlisted for Tepper. 1500 & 3.96 UW. Strong EC’s.

S22 didn’t apply- but I am curious- what is priority WL? Is there a regular WL? So people should just move on if they got just a regular WL? How big is this priority WL?

It’s listed on this page: Carnegie Mellon University - Admitted Student Visit Days
which you can register at https://www.cmu.edu/admission/admitted/visit-opportunities

3 Likes

Your kid sounds amazing!!She has the best possible options in the world! Can’t want to see where she eventually commits :slight_smile:

Anyone knows how big is the priority waitlist?

1 Like

Congratulations !! Great choices

2 Likes