Carnegie Mellon Class of 2027 Official Thread

Last year did they send out an email before hand or just drop them without warning?

Not sure but on website here https://www.cmu.edu/admission/waiting-list/important-dates seems like they posted imp dates.

3 Likes

Carnegie Mellon 9am est March 25. Official

3 Likes

Did you receive an email? I don’t see any email in my son’s inbox.

Yes re: email, my son received this email at 11:27 AM:

Subject: This Saturday: Admission Decisions for CMU Regular Decision Applicants

Body:

Admission Decisions Are Almost Here

Dear [Name],

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to consider your Fall 2023 Regular Decision application to Carnegie Mellon University.

Admission decisions will be available online Saturday, March 25 after 9:00 a.m. ET. You’ll be able to view your decision letter on your Where Am I in the Process? portal.

If you still need to register for the Where Am I in the Process? portal, you can find directions on our website. You’ll need to register for your Where Am I in the Process? portal to receive your admission decision and financial aid offer.

If you receive an error message upon logging into your portal, please refresh your page. You may need to log back in as well.

Admitted students who’ve applied for financial aid and submitted all required aid documents can access their financial aid offer via the Where Am I in the Process? portal 1-2 business days after receiving their admission decision. If your portal notes we haven’t received all financial aid documents, that’s no problem. Admitted students may still submit any requested documents after March 25, although this may delay your financial aid offer.

We’ve enjoyed getting to know you through your application and wish you success in your future college career. If you have any questions, please feel free to email, call, or chat with us.

Best regards,
Office of Admission

3 Likes

Yes, I got it in my promotions inbox which was weird though lol

Thank you for sharing

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing. That’s a cruel time for us west coast folks!

Did you go test optional or submitted a score at the beginning?

He applied with a test score from the beginning to CMU. But he didn’t realize that they needed the official test scores, not self scores. Same thing happened with Boston College, but we caught that on the due date and called admissions and they told us to have his school counselor email a copy of his test scores to his regional AO until the ones from College Board arrive.

I applaud any student who does this process completely on their own error-free. It has taken a village to get through this! And we’re not through it yet! :joy:

2 Likes

Looking at the financial aid portal, and I’m seeing a verification of high school diploma and verification of identity that were not received. Curious if everyone has this listed.

1 Like

Yes - I called and they said those are two forms that they need upon matricuation. Was your FAFSA selected for verficiation? These are forms that are needed when that happens

1 Like

Ah I see. I was hoping it was a good sign, but I think the forms were probably there from the beginning due to verification and I didn’t check. Thank you!

you’re welcome! the only reason I know is bc I called. good luck tomorow!

2 Likes

You too!

2 Likes

I only have two docs on my FA checklist: CSS and FAFSA. Feeling a little worried :melting_face:

Good Luck everyone! It’s been a brutal year so far so every acceptance is considered a miracle.

7 Likes

:100: agree.

2 Likes

I would think so; if they were not interested in your student they wouldn’t bother. Don’t get your hopes up - CMU doesn’t give merit aid, and they are stingy with need based aid.