Carnegie Mellon CMU Waitlist 2027

I got the waitlist conformation email after I updated, and I selected priority waitlist on my application. They sent out another email asking to fill out the Update form to remain on the priority waitlist, but I had already submitted that form on the first day and received the conformation for that submission, so I did not do it a second time.
I don’t think anyone submitted the form two times?

1 Like

On my decision letter I was told that I could opt into the priority waitlist.

Anyone else who accepted a priority waitlist spot and submitted an update but did not receive the email last week that they will be contacting priority waitlist students between 5/3-5/5?

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it!!

1 Like

I’m in the same spot, hopefully I/we didn’t do anything wrong

Ditto

1 Like

Any movement on the waitlist? They said they would start informing students today.

2 Likes

email was titled “I’ve Submitted My CMU Waiting List Forms. What’s Next?”. maybe y’all should check ur spam? pretty sure everyone should have received it

This email came right after confirming the spot on the waiting list. It mentions - “For those who select the Priority Waiting List, admission decisions should be available by May 9.” @docmom2 is referring to an email that was sent after submitting an update.

no the email i’m referring to says this: “Starting May 3, if space is available in their program, we’ll begin contacting applicants on our Priority Waiting List whom we’ve selected for admission. If space isn’t available in their chosen college or program, we’ll notify students that their college isn’t extending offers of admission to applicants on our Waiting List this year. Once we’ve filled our class, we’ll notify all remaining students that we’ve completed the process. We appreciate your patience if you don’t hear from us on May 5, as we’ll continue to contact students after that date. " i believe u are talking about this email titled " I’m on Carnegie Mellon’s Waiting List. What’s Next?”

Not received this one, then!

so strange, i would’ve expected everyone who submitted the waiting list forms to have received it

is there a pattern that those who joined the waiting list early or mid April received the email and those who joined the waitlist late April may not have received the email because they saw the update on website when joining waitlist?

i personally filled out the waiting list forms before april 15th. not sure if submitting early has anything to do with it

1 Like

My son filled out both forms on April 7th and received the email on April 26th. I assumed it went to everyone, it’s not personalized in any way, just general information.

1 Like

Me too. I assumed that everyone who accepted a priority waitlist spot would have received that email.

Anyone hear of any movement on the waitlist? Do they email? or call?

1 Like

radio silence here. seems that last year’s waitlist decisions came out on may 5th. i wonder if any waitlist decisions will come out today

So that would correspond with 5/4 this year. It’s interesting that their email states that they may contact by email or even phone, as students may be in school and cannot answer their phones, and AP exams have started, so they could be in an exam with their phone turned off.

I read that in the past they emailed you first and then either the student or the school initiated a phone call to confirm the admission. It seems both need to happen.

1 Like