Carnegie Mellon CMU Waitlist 2027

No change on son’s CMU portal. The decision letter is still the waitlist letter from 3/25. He applied for COE. Do they send out an email as well?
Good luck to you at the school you have enrolled!

1 Like

Curious to understand how the yields at selective schools went up so much this year that they didn’t need to touch the waitlists.

I’m SCS. No, I didn’t receive any email, I just periodically log in to my portal and check. I think it’s just that everyone applying to SCS has received a rejection letter.

1 Like

Sorry to ask, but what does the SCS rejection letter sound like? I mustered the courage to open my dec letter and it’s also the same one from March 25th

Something like “We are unable to remove your name from the waiting list and therefore cannot offer you a place in this program. Should any openings become available this summer, we will contact you to determine your interest.” Technically not a rejection, but it kind of is cuz the chances are basically 0.

I see, best of luck to you

MCS, no letter yet

finally rejected…time to move on

2 Likes

Which department?

1 Like

did they email you or was it in your portal?

3 Likes

is it normal to not receive any update until now

1 Like

I received my rejection letter from scs.
I also have an question, is there something I can do now where if someone decides to opt out of cmu, and I ask to be first priority or still be considered or some letter of continued interest or anything?

There may be two kids who will choose not to attend CMU during summer. We don’t know how many will be from SCS, but let’s say there is one. SCS will decide whom they will contact and offer the spot. You can not influence them hoping to see a favorable decision to you. You should treat CMU that you are done with them. Of course, you will take the spot if they somehow call you during summer among one thousand kids on the SCS waitlist.

3 Likes

No.

Sorry, but they already declined your admission. Time to move on and love the school you committed to.

They won’t. They already said no.

2 Likes

Did they directly email you or upload something on your portal? I’m waitlisted at SCS too and haven’t received anything from their side.

1 Like

CMU doesn’t accept letters of continued interest unfortunately.

The portal status still hasn’t changed. Does it mean anything or is the waitlist wait over?

1 Like

My son received email saying “we expect there to still be limited waiting list activity in your program. keep an eye on your portal over the next few days you can expect to receive either a member of our team reaching out to invite you into the class or an updated letter in your portal” He applied to ECE. What does this mean? how long to wait?

3 Likes

When was this email sent?

1 Like

This morning

1 Like