Carnegie Mellon Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

This year, the Early Decision (ED) deadline for the Carnegie Mellon University is November 1.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

A post was split to a new thread: Evaluation of my profile

Have been very quite here. Any idea how many ED1 go to CMU Dietrich college?

My daughter applied to ED Engineering School

Community manager- wondering if there is another thread for discussion on CMU ED for fall 2023. Not seeing any updates here.

There is not

2 Likes

ehhh CMU didn’t ask for my quarter report and I am an ED applicant. Does this mean it is not considering me? I have 41/45 in IB tho…

any word on date? assuming a week from today based on past years??

Does anyone know if its true that the financial aid office does not receive the application until after admissions is done? In other words, if I received a call from the financial aid office asking for clarification about something is that a good sign?

1 Like

Not true.

It means they need clarification. Nothing more.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying!

I know that some selective schools that is the case - i.e. Brown University…so I was wondering if it was the case with CMU. Thank you again!

It’s not true for brown. It’s not true for CMU

Hello all! Does Carnegie Mellon come out at different times on December 15th or is there a specific time it comes out for everyone?

Same time for everyone

I’m assuming that time hasn’t been announced yet, right?

Correct

1 Like

I heard it directly from the Logan Powell, Dean of Admissions at Brown on a Zoom webinar I attended. Maybe this is a recent thing?

in the past, it appears as though cmu Ed has come out on the Saturday morning before the 15th. this year too?

I received an email today saying that early decision results will be available on December 10th starting 9AM EST.

3 Likes