Carnegie Mellon SAMS 2021 Discussion

Accepted! Groupchat on WhatsApp?

Same! Do you happen to know anything about the general number of people accepted in previous years?

Accepted! Not sure if I’m going to attend yet but I’d love to talk with you guys in the gc :slight_smile:

We should make a Groupme like last year! I can make it if y’all want

1 Like

I was also accepted to UPenn’s ESAP program, but I think SAMS is definitely a better opportunity

Yeah sure, that sounds great

yup

Okay just @ me or message me if you want the link to the group chat!

Did you get the decision by email or portal? Nothing for me yet

Portal

you can login to your application and there will be a link that says “View Update”

Thanks, unfortunately rejected

For those who got accepted, would you mind sharing stats and ecs?

3 Likes

No luck here either :frowning:

My son is a sophomore, Latino but not low-income, with high GPA and good SAT score (1440). Has decent activities but I’d say he didn’t do a great job on his essays. He rushed them last minute. I’ll encourage him to apply again next year.

He was accepted at Michigan’s Math and Science Scholars program for this summer so he’ll be studying Number Theory there and hopefully that experience will help him for next year. Congrats to those of you who got in!

Hey, if the update on the portal says “thank you for your application, we regret to inform you didn’t get into the pre-college program” but doesn’t explicitly mention SAMS, that’s still a rejection right?

I got waitlisted from the Summer Session program with a full scholarship - anyone know what the odds are of getting off that waitlist? Would it be overkill to write a letter of continued interest?

Accepted😮

I want to be in it!

Accepted! Can I get in the gc @CavsFan2003?

New to CC, but i’ve been stalking this thread for months lol. just wanted to say i was accepted and i wanna be in the gc!!

@CavsFan2003