Case Western Reserve Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

EA deferred and now waitlisted. D22 had stats in 75 percentile and gave it all she had to show interest but apparently not in CWRU’s sweet spot. Accepted this week with merit at Northeastern where they apparently received 91,000 applications so we will hang on to that good feeling and wait for a few more decisions to come in. Congratulations to everyone who got good news today!

9 Likes

RD- waitlist #3, some other great options. Good Luck, everyone!

1 Like

My son will pull his app- just got into UCLA for engineering.

10 Likes

Admitted with 29k/year University Scholarship and a nice note about my extracurriculars at the end of my letter!

8 Likes

Shows the unpredictability of the process. My kid was the reverse - EA deferred at CWRU and now admitted with merit; EA deferred from NEU and now WLed.

3 Likes

Totally agree regarding the unpredictability. DD was EA deferred from NEU & CWR, then waitlisted at both, but got in EA at UVA and RD at URochester.

I do not pretend to understand, just enjoy she has choices.

11 Likes

Anyone not get an email yet?

1 Like

My niece was deferred from EA, was accepted with 19K/year merit.

5 Likes

D22 got in with a 31k scholarship per year. Nice personalized note about her essay at the end. How is their data science program compared to Purdue CS?

3 Likes

Congrats to all who were admitted! For those who are going to join the Wait list see the Waitlist FAQ post to see how many applicants got off the WL in previous years. Also note that WL students are eligible for he same Merit Scholarships as any other method of application (ED/EA/RD) so you are not at a disadvantage.

2 Likes

accepted w/ 30k university scholarship. a nice end to a week of rejections.

6 Likes

To all responding: Can you share your

• Major
  • GPA
  • SAT/ACT
  • AP Classes
  • ECs
1 Like

Major: Neuroscience and Gerontology
GPA: 3.95
ACT: 34

• Graduating HS in 3 years
  • Lots of APs and several college classes
  • Varsity sport, clubs, volunteering, supervisor at job, relevant internship experience
  • EA deferred then waitlisted
2 Likes

Accepted after EA deferred with 26.5 merit :partying_face:

6 Likes

Kid admitted RD 40.5 k scholarship
Test optional

7 Likes

Exact Same for my dd

EA Deferred and now Waitlisted.
DD already has a admit to UT Austin in the Honors program in the choice of her Major and so we will be moving on, but she was a bit dejected to see the rejection after all the efforts she has put in.

5 Likes

Does case western provide a number for the waitlist

@CSI15 What is your question?

Major: Engineering
SAT: 1560
GPA: 3.72 unweighted/ 4.25 weighted, 10 AP, all other core classes honors, AP Scholar, NHS
Extra Curricular: varsity football, varsity wrestling
Waitlisted

3 Likes