Case Western Reserve Class of 2023 EA Results Thread

got in thus mug w a 32 ACT and a 4.8 GPA. Lets run this shiiii, excited for next year bool moves.

@azleah That’s really odd… all I see is “Return to application status” in blue font. Above that it says there are 2 letters available for my account, which are the decision and financial aid awards. I literally did ctrl+F on my browser??

But on a side note, I just realized that at the bottom of my acceptance letter there’s a P.S. saying “University Circle is the perfect place to continue your endeavors as an aspiring scientist!” which is referencing either my Common App essay or what I indicated as my intended profession. I think it’s nice they personalize the letters a little :slight_smile: did anyone else get something like that?

ok, now that we have settled in, stats:

DD17, Accepted ! :slight_smile:
State Residency: NJ
ACT: High 20s
SAT: n/a
GPA: Above 3.5 (UW)
Extras: many APs & HRs. Varsity Soccer & Athletics. HS Peer Counselore, past 2 years volunteer work Hospital ER & Orthopedics, and alos town EMS response group.

Applied date: 10/31
Applied ED or EA?: EA
Decision date: 12/20
Colleg/Major: Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing - BSN + Scholarship
yay!

did you guys get a P.S. with a personalized message at the end of your acceptance letter?

@microdrop18 My son didn’t have a mention of major either, and he did get a personalized P.S. also. Very cool. Congrats to you!

Accepted!!!
Nursing
Act:26
Gpa:3.5
Lots and lots of volunteer work and EA
A BOMB ASS ESSAY.

@microdrop18 For me it says decision, december 20, 2018, and financial aid notification. I guess I was wrong to assume everyone had the same, my mistake! Maybe it’s different for other majors.

OMG! I just noticed it is personalized!! It says on the bottom for me “P.S. I would love to see your Chinese Brush Paintings!” Because I do Chinese Art!! That is so cool! I am more drawn to Case western now (lol)

Accepted!! Computer Science major - international

SAT 1400 (Pretty below-average) GPA 93.8 Weighted I guess no ranking

AP Computer Science Principle - 4

Going to take this year: BC Calc Physics C Computer Science A

I got deferred by Tulane so I was so sad and wasn’t expecting to get into CWRU but It did!! Unbelievable!

I GOT INNNNNNN!!!

congrats to everyone accepted fasho. I just got a quick question on some real real. From what yall have heard, how are the dorms at CWRU? im tryna live lavish ya feel?

Hey when does housing open ? I paid my deposit? @Moe1352

@microdrop18 Yeah, mine said “P.S. I admire your drive and hope you consider getting involved with WISER when you come to CWRU!” I looked it up and WISER is a club for women in technology which is very fitting as I’m very involved in robotics and a girls coding organization

Mine said P,s I hope to see you playing on the field future spartan ( because Im varsity) @puppiesrcute

@puppiesarecute did u get to select housing once paid the deposit?

deferred,sad
SAT1550(super score)
GPA:3.89(UW)
IB diploma
Leadership:vice president to volunteer org two years, hospital
Research: Junior year , local university
Taekwondo blackbelt, working as head instructor

@sugmanotation, Yes we did! We were taken aback and are even more convinced what a great institution CWRU is, they tooke a close and personal look at our DD’s application and mentioned back to her in the PS., exactly what we thought was her strong point, i.e. the commitment, passion and drive she highlighted in the 2nd optional writing part avaikable in the common app.

Where do you find financial aid packages?

@div3athlete I haven’t paid it yet… I probably won’t for a long time since I’m applying other places RD

@sugmanotation Yup, so did I. It said something like we hope you’ll continue playing water polo for our club team nexxt fall!

I’ve been lurking on this thread but I decided to share

Decision: Accepted

ACT (breakdown): Comp: 30, Math: 33, English: 30, Science: 29, Reading: 28
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.87
Weighted GPA: 4.114
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 40/492
AP (place score in parenthesis): I’ve taken 6 so far (not including this year) and the highest in Calc AB (5) and lowest in Seminar and Lit (3)
Senior Year Course Load: German III, AP Psych, AP Stats, Regular Physics, AP Lang
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): Questbridge College Prep Scholar and Finalist

Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Black Empowerment Club (President), Tri-M (Officer), NHS, German HS, Orchestra
Job/Work Experience: typical summer jobs, working as the secretary for my dad’s business
Volunteer/Community service: nothing out of the ordinary
Summer Activities: working
Essays (rating 1-10, details): 9/10 - Because of Questbridge CPS, I have like 15 essays that have been edited by almost everyone I know and I worked really hard on my common app one. I also enjoy writing
Recommendations (rating 1-10, details): 10, I chose my freshman year history teacher that I’m also an aid for now and my orchestra instructor because she’s known me since 6th grade

Applied for Financial Aid?: Yes
Intended Major: Accounting
State (if domestic applicant): Ohio
School Type: Public
Ethnicity: Black
Income Bracket: not sure but EFC is 0
Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): I’m a black female interested in finance
(I don’t know too many of those), parents were immigrants