Case Western Reserve Early Decision/Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I dont know off-hand, but logically, why not? If deferred, the student would be going into RD, so why couldn’t they go into ED2? That’s a question for admissions

Does anyone know how many students get into cwru thru early action last year?

1 Like

@bopper may know. Also maybe the common data set? Please post if you find the answer. Thanks

A definite YES regarding the option to switch to ED2 after an EA deferral from CWRU. My older S was deferred two years ago and CWRU hounded him with emails asking whether he wanted to choose ED2 or RD. In fact, I’d say it’s their mission to convert as many deferrals to ED2 as possible. For my S, it was an ED1 acceptance at Lehigh that led to a withdrawal of his CWRU application.

3 Likes

I found this comment elsewhere on CollegeConfidential but I don’t know the source and I don’t see these numbers listed in the common data set.

“Last year, Case Western Reserve admitted 4,349 of the 13,696 applicants who applied Early Action.”

great - thank you! lol - I am a Lehigh grad…but it didn’t work for our son as an option.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Hey everyone, I just got into Vanderbilt ED so I withdrew my Case Western app but wanted to wish everyone good luck for EA

12 Likes

omg congrats!!!

1 Like

Quite an accomplishment, congratulations and thanks for withdrawing so promptly!

2 Likes

Hi everyone! Does anyone know what time the Case EA decisions will be released tomorrow? This one is at the top of D22’s list! Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t know anything for certain, but i remember it being around 7 pm when my D18 applied. I was at a concert and had checked my phone, so I remember the approximate time.

I saw that College Kickstart has release date now as 12/22, but I have not found any information to back that up.

Winky - I think it is still 12/21 on College Kickstart, it was 12/22 last year. We’ve found this blog to be accurate for other releases…

2 Likes

Oh, ok. I’m glad if I was reading their info. incorrectly! Thanks

Thanks! That’s helpful to know. Case ED came out at noon on 12/11, so I was wondering if EA release was a similar time. I don’t want D22 to be glued to her phone all day if it isn’t coming until evening!

We’re looking forward to this one!

We just realized the emails from them have stopped. It seemed emails came every 3-4 days, but he hasn’t had one at all in December. Anyone else?

1 Like

I’m hoping that they send the students and email today giving them a little more info.

1 Like

She got one on Dec. 12th. That was last one from admissions

1 Like

Yes, our last was Dec 12 too! Case is very quiet now…

We received one on the 9th, 11th and 12th. Then they stopped. OOS D applied EA. Probably an email algo.