Case Western Reserve Early Decision for Fall 2024 Admission

This is the official thread for those applying ED to CWR University.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

1 Like

My daughter just submitted her Common App yesterday, so now we wait. She will be a business major, and here are her stats: OOS, GPA 4.3W/3.98UW, SAT 1480, 7APs. Fingers Crossed!

3 Likes

Did you ever get any notification of the login information for portal? We submitted a little over 2 weeks ago, and while we got an email acknowledging receipt, there has been no further communication regarding the login information etc.

We called them last week and were told to wait as their system seems to have issues. Asked us to wait 2-3 weeks

1 Like

Thanks!

I plan on applying early decision to Case Western Reserve University and was told that I could not apply early action to private schools. Can someone please confirm if this is true? Thank you.

I plan on applying early decision to Case Western Reserve University and was told that I could not apply early action to private schools. Can someone please confirm if this is true? Thank you.

Nothing on the website states this that I could find. Email your admissions counselor and ask.

@dkm06

Who told you this?

You have to look at the restrictions at the EA schools. There isn’t one answer.

1 Like

CWRU has ED and EA. ED is binding ( with normal caveats for affordability) and EA is not . GL my D23 is a freshman there and loves it. She applied EA nonbinding.

1 Like

I think OP is hearing what other schools do - potentially restricted admissions vs. just binding.

Same here. We submitted almost 3 weeks back. Asked support team in email, and they mentioned that the portal access email is not yet sent. Waiting eagerly to check if all the documents are received correctly.

Thanks! It is a little weird that it takes so long to set this up. Almost every other college got back that information in a couple of days. We too want to make sure all the docs and test scores were received. Hopefully soon

Just to complete this thread, my son received the portal access and it was properly updated with all the documents (SAT, Transcript, LORs) that we submitted. I think it was just delayed a bit on their end to inform the applicants.

2 Likes

Thanks! We too finally got the portal information.

This may help

My counselor :skull:

Hello! My nephew (I’m his main college transition helper in the family just applied to Case Early Decision. We and his father will be attending the Open House on Nov. 13. He is very eager to make sure Case knows of his keen interest in attending. Any tips for doing that would be welcome!

Good luck to all applicants and their supporters!

-Doug