Case Western Reserve University Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Last year Case granted our son a merit award with his acceptance, without him filling out any separate scholarship application.

4 Likes

Good luck to everyone tonight. The kids might not get what they want. Hopefully they get what they need.

9 Likes

This came in a couple days ago. Not from case as a whole but from the assistant director of financial aidā€™s Case Western email. Would this be a good sign, as she said sheā€™s just now started reviewing?

4 Likes

Iā€™d be thrilled! Then Iā€™d be worried about how Iā€™d screwed up the financial formsā€¦ lol

1 Like

Not necessarily. CWRU wrote us a lot back and forth last year to understand our situation. She was deferred. Of course she is now at CWRU.

2 Likes

Financial aid offices usually get packages together independently of admissions decisions. I wouldnā€™t read anything unti it.

2 Likes

Big mess up on my part lol. I accidentally copied my parentsā€™ income on the student financial page. Luckily, we got it fixed and my efc decreased significantly

2 Likes

At this point we are just hoping for an acceptance or deferral, but any idea what the range of initial merit is?

@AmyIzzy are you also on the fordham thread? DS is applied to CWRU alsoā€¦waiting patiently right now.

Good luck to all tonight!

3 Likes

My son was accepted!

Edit: But we donā€™t see anything about merit aid. :grimacing:

Edit#2: I see the merit aid info in the acceptance letter. I was looking for a separate letter.

13 Likes

Congratulations!!!

3 Likes

I got deferred, and a friend of mine also got deferred.

3 Likes

rejected :frowning:

3 Likes

Deferred

4 Likes

Deferred

4 Likes

Are you receiving an email or just logging in?

My daughter is in!!!

7 Likes

He just logged in.

1 Like

Son is in!

4 Likes

Deferred. Dammit. He needs to make a decision about RIT before Feb 1 and this is totally going to screw that up.
His stats were 3.7 UW, 4.4 Weighted
1540 SAT
Lots of extracurriculars (Eagle Scout, Cello, Stage Crew, etc)

6 Likes