Catholic University 2025

good question!

1 Like

lame25 - Yes, the University Honors Scholarship requires that you stay in the program. Should you choose not to participate in the program, or not maintain the required GPA (3.5) to continue, your scholarship would be reduced to what it would have been with the invitation to Honors.

My daughter was accepted too!

Any idea what the criteria was for getting into the Honors Program? What GPAs do those who got it have?

I was accepted to the Honors program. I have 4.7 weighted GPA and 4.0 unweighted and 35 ACT. I really loved the campus when we toured it my junior year.

2 Likes

Hi! I am very interested in applying to Catholic next year. I was wondering what are the average stats for students who receive merit scholarships? I know you don’t considered standardized test scores in admissions but is there any sort of average course load or GPA that students must have in order to receive merit aid?

Dear Swimnys,

Catholic University merit scholarships currently range from $15,000 - $32,000. The middle 50% for unweighted GPA is about a 3.3 (B+) to 3.75 (A-). The review process places considerable emphasis on each student’s curriculum; the more demanding the curriculum, the more competitive a student will be for admission and merit scholarships. A typical scholarship recipient has taken a “college-prep plus” curriculum, with honors and AP/IB courses in appropriate subjects for their interests. A modest amount of consideration is given to activities, leadership, and essays.

There are two significant scholarships. The Archdiocesan Scholarship (full tuition) is awarded to five students per class. Recipients are at the very top of their class academically and have participated in required interviews with our faculty as part of the selection process. The Conway Nursing Scholarship (tuition + room and board) is awarded to 12 students per class. The academic credentials are similar to the ArchD; however, financial need is also a factor for the Conway Scholarships.

Please refer here - Meet the Admission Staff - Undergraduate Admission - Catholic University of America, Washington, DC | CUA - to find the counselor who will be your contact with the admission office.

You can go here - Visit Catholic University - Write Your Story - Undergraduate Admission - Catholic University of America, Washington, DC | CUA - for current virtual visit opportunities.

2 Likes

We attended Cardinal Preview Saturday this weekend. It was a great event. We had an excellent tour-guide. The beautiful weather helped. Very well done by the school and I would highly recommend a visit. Catholic definitely moved up on S’s list.