Catholic University Class of 2024

Starting the thread for 2024. S applied EA for civil engineering.

My D is applying EA for English. Still working on her essay so hasn’t submitted yet.

@MAmom111 Did you d apply yet? My s applied on 10/24 and he still hasn’t received info from CUA on a portal account. Wondering if your d received anything from them, if she’s applied. We did check his junk mail (where we did find emails from a few other schools)!

@taverngirl She applied last night. It’s the only one of the 7 schools she applied to last night that did not send her a portal today.

Thanks. I’ll have him follow up on Monday, if he hasn’t received anything by then.

@taverngirl She received her portal this morning. I would have him follow up if he hasn’t received it yet.

Does CUA release early action decisions as they make them or do they do a mass release of decisions on a specific date?

Last year EA decisions were all released on December 17 at 7 pm.

Was that via email as well?

Our second D applied in October. What does receiving the portal mean? I’m assuming that is a CUA account that she can check? I went thru the college search process two years ago with our oldest (she didn’t apply to Catholic) and had not come across that phrase then. thanks in advance for the info

You receive an email from the school after you apply. It will have a link to the portal as well as a temporary password. You just click on the link, enter your email and temp password and then it will ask you to change the password. From there you will gain access to the portal. The portal lists the application requirements, Ie. Transcript, Common app, recommendations, etc and whether or not they have been received. If everything has been received, I think you just wait until you receive an email to check your portal for a decision.

Thank you for the info MAmom111. Much appreciated.

My daughter checked. Application was complete back in October. Just waiting to hear. thanks

That was a Monday. So are we thinking this year’s big day will be Monday, December 16 at 7pm?

CUA admissions posted on their instagram that they have begun prepping admitted packets

Thank you for the info!

They sent an email all decisions come out the 17th at 7pm!

My son received the decision email today as well. Is that EST?

@CadenM Yes!

Good luck tonight everyone!