CBA questions

<p>My DS decided in the last 3 weeks that he is going to try and do the University Scholars Program to get a masters in 4 years. He contacted Billy Helms at the business college. He said he needed calculus II (math126) and accounting(AC210). That will get him up to date with the program and accounting is the last class he needed to move him into upper level finance. Problem is there are NO calculus classes open and the only acct class open will be at the same time as the lab for calculus IF one opens up!!! He wrote Lisa McKinney (professor for accounting). She said it is department policy to not force anyone into a class or put on a waiting list. My question is…do you think a calculus and acct class will open up???</p>

<p>I wonder if more Calc II seats are going to open…or maybe another section will open. Looking at Fall 2010, there were 6 sections with students…and 4 were in room LY 231 so that they could seat more students.</p>

<p>Anyway…I do think that kids will change their schedules…however, do send a message to Jon Corson (undergrad math advisor) to see if any Cal II sections will be adding seats…especially the ones that will be in Lloyd Hall. And, see if your son can get an over-ride and get in.</p>

<p>With CBA, it is often hard to get an override because the stated class sizes are often the maximum legal occupancy for the specific classroom. The no-overrides or waitlists is not a CBA-wide policy, but it may be a Department of Accountancy policy.</p>

<p>As m2ck said, students will change their schedules, especially when the math instructors are announced.</p>

<p>AP scores will be out in two weeks. I look for some openings in calculus at that time. Some students may have registered for Calculus II, thinking they did okay on the AP exam but not great. Then, they get a nice surprise and can move to another math class.</p>

<p>Thank you everyone. Looks like we may have to wait and keep our fingers crossed.</p>

<p>bamafana,</p>

<p>Call Sandy Davidson at (205) 348-6131. This is the contact McKinney sent lil bro when he asked her for an override a few months ago. She should be able to get you in one of either McKinney or Mary Hill’s classes. </p>

<p>There were just 14 kids added over the limit to McKinney’s 11:00am class a few days ago. So they DO grant overrides.</p>

<p>Thank you NJ! I will! I noticed the -14 in that class. Figured that was what happened!</p>