CBHP - Accepted or Rejected

<p>When we find out if we made it, feel free to post whether you made it.</p>

<p>If you did please post why you think you made it, and if you didn’t, post why as well.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>Sent from my DROID Pro using CC App</p>

<p>Has anyone heard how many applications were received this year?</p>

<p>Has anyone heard yet?</p>

<p>Sent from my DROID Pro using CC App</p>

<p>Nothing yet. I’m guessing we will hear next week.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if notifications come via email or regular mail?</p>

<p>I think via email.</p>

<p>When my son got his notification that he was a finalist (2009), it came via e-mail. When I asked about this year’s selections (for the Class of 2016), he mentioned that he thought that the committee was close to sending out notifications. That was two days ago.</p>

<p>Thanks. We are keeping our fingers crossed.</p>

<p>Yes, if I recall correctly, my D received an email from Ms. Batson’s on Crimson mail account as her first notification. I cannot even remember if they followed up with snail mail or not. The email indicated congratulations and procedures for notifying them of your intent to accept the invitation to the interview weekend. I cannot express how awesome this opportunity is if you are fortunate enough to be selected. My D is treating the HC “experience” almost as if this is her replacement for sorority life. :slight_smile: She’s very involved, signed up for Alabama Action leader for next year, and also is very likely going to be an HC Ambassador as well. Many of you may meet her as your guide! If she says she’s from IL then it’s likely my D! Enjoy your experience, and Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Bump :)</p>

<p>Sent from my DROID Pro using CC</p>

<p>Okay, it’s officially the first week in February. I’m ready for some news!</p>

<p>How did you find that out?</p>

<p>C’mon c’mon! UFE is getting notified now! Should be a matter of days!</p>

<p>CBH notifications are going out early next week. Emails regarding the delay were sent out today. Just keep an eye on that crimson account!</p>

<p>The email made it sound like they hadn’t even decided who the finalists are yet! I assume they have a really good reason, but this is still really difficult, and I’m highly disappointed.</p>

<p>This stinks! :(</p>

<p>I couldn’t help but smile when I read that email…just kinda one of those face-palm moments.</p>

<p>UFE is saying that it got 700 applications. Don’t know how many CBH got, but surely it got a lot.</p>

<p>When you have sooooo many applicants all with amazing stats, I don’t know how they can narrow down properly. </p>

<p>It seems (to me) that they’re likely to unknowingly reject some kids that want to come to Bama, yet accept some who are really only applied as a safety (and won’t end up coming).</p>

<p>In hopes of allaying some of the frustration:</p>

<p>CBH did not get quite as many applicants as fellows, though every member of the CBHP selection committee reads every single CBHP application.</p>

<p>Dean Sharpe (currently both Dean of the Honors College and director of CBHP) was also sick for about a week, and he makes the final call on finalists.</p>

<p>Sorry to hear Dr. Sharpe was under the weather. Just out of curiosity, do you know what the composition of the selection committee is? Any idea which day this week the notices will go out? Thanks for your helpful information!</p>