CBHP ENGR 131 Question

<p>CBHPers, is DS exempt from ENGR 131 because of CBHP? I could have sworn an actual professor told me so, but degreeworks is showing it as required. I was also told CBH will exempt him from another ENGR class (141 maybe?) but I tossed all my paperwork after BB and I could be making it all up. Thanks for any clarification.</p>

<p>Son took it this year (freshman CBHP Chem E Major). It is possible that it has changed, but, I would doubt it.</p>

<p>Jeesh - wish I kept my paperwork. Guess I’ll contact CBH tomorrow - it was a professor in Mech. Eng. who gave me the info, so maybe she was misinformed. Thanks - now to explain to DS that he’s probably got to fit another class in…Bleh.</p>

<p>You were probably advised he should take ENGR 142, which takes the place of ENGR 131 and ENGR 141.</p>

<p>No, I spoke with Mech E. professor by phone after CBH interviews (when he was still a Mech E major) with questions regarding his AP/DE credits as well as what was looking like an excessive schedule (hour wise) at the time. She assured me CBH covered ENGR 131, (and 141 soph year) and he planned his schedule accordingly. Now he can’t get in any of the 131 or 142 classes due to closed classes and conflicts. Valium please. Who do I call?</p>

<p>Maybe some spots will open up after people review their AP scores and change classes around. I know we are going to do some schedule adjusting.</p>

<p>I hope so. Haven’t been very lucky in scheduling so far. Everything is closed or unworkable. Even tossing out the dreaded Hon. Psych. won’t help a whit. (Well, maybe ‘psychologically’ - hah!)</p>

<p>NRDMD - my DS not taking 142 until spring because of schedule conflicts. That is an option as long as it does not hold up other courses!</p>

<p>Really? I thought it wasn’t offered in spring - or was that 131? So confused. If that is so, THAT is what shall be done. Thank you!</p>

<p>It was offered LAST spring…one section. Did not fill up, but only had a few spots left. He may have to schedule other things around that one section, though. I think that one of the first yearCS classes is only offered in fall though.</p>

<p>I LOVE you guys, sniff. (Freak-out averted, jets cooling, son re-owns me.)</p>

<p>Spring it is.</p>

<p>Also, keep in mind, they may open up more spots in the Fall sections of 142 or 131. </p>

<p>They still have many more Bama Bound dates and lots of students still to register. They will add spots for each section of Bama Bound.</p>