CBHP Prompt change?

<p>I could have sworn that a month ago the essay question for CBHP was different. Anyone know if and/or why it’s different now?</p>

<p>What do you remember it being?</p>

<p>It used to be something like discuss how you’ve used research in highschool and how you’d utilize it in college and your career. Now it’s list five attributes needed for researcher and give examples. Wondering why it changed.</p>

<p>I’d assume it has something to do with the fact that not all schools provide equal research opportunities, and they wanted to even the playing field somewhat.</p>

<p>It’s a better prompt than in the past when students would all but give a laundry list of their resumes. I know this, as my older son, who was in CBHP, was one of the students on the panel a few years ago, and he shared some of the essays with me.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>I agree!</p>

<p>I like this newer prompt. I just thought it was unusual that the prompt would change mid-application period. I wonder why two different prompts or maybe the first one I read a few weeks ago was last years?</p>

<p>I would almost bet that it was last years prompt. I doubt that they would have two different prompts for the essay question.</p>

<p>The prompt definitely changed. DS wrote an essay based on the initial prompt, and only discovered the change when he went to upload it. Needless to say, he was not happy. </p>

<p>I am trying to get him to do the new essay this week, but now he is dragging his feet. I don’t really blame him; he put a lot of time and effort into the now useless first essay :(.</p>

<p>Thank you Westcoastmom! My daughter and I thought we were going crazy. She is in exact same boat as your son. Worked on old one for a month, ready to upload it only to find a new prompt. She does like this new one more, but is not overly excited about writing a new essay. Good luck to your son!</p>

<p>Hang in there! It is well worth it to be part of the program!</p>

<p>^^^Agreed…program is truly worthwhile.</p>