CBHP Question

<p>I was recently told that it is common for Computer Based Honors Program applicants to contact the head of the program either via telephone or face-to-face. If this is true, how should a prospective student go about doing this? Would a random email or telephone call be inappropriate? It seems superfluous to call simply to voice one’s interest in the program when they have already applied. </p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>My son, who is a graduate of CBHP, says that it’s all right to send Dr. Sharpe an e-mail to express your interest in the program.</p>

<p>Alright. Would the same apply for the UFE?</p>

<p>My D never met Dr. Sharpe until the beginning of her freshman year, nor did she have any contact with him. Before her honors college-arranged visit she requested the opportunity to meet with Dr. Sharpe or others involved with CBHP, but it didn’t happen. She was not invited to finalist weekend, but was offered a spot in the reserve pool. At that point she e-mailed Mrs. Batson to express her continued interest and desire to remain in the reserve pool. She interviewed with Mrs. Batson and was invited to join CBHP during the first day of Bama Bound. So I’d say it’s not essential to meet with/contact Dr. Sharpe, but it’s probably good to try to meet him if you have the chance, and I don’t think it’s inappropriate to e-mail if you have questions on the program.</p>