Cbhp

<p>catdaddy,</p>

<p>Your son will thrive where he’s planted. I think UNC will be a great education for his career path. It may cost a little more $$$, but, if he thinks he’ll be better served at UNC, that alone can have a positive impact.</p>

<p>Best wishes for your son and his education at UNC.</p>

<p>Catdaddy…best wishes to your son.</p>

<p>Catdaddy, I am sure that he will have a fulfilling college experience.</p>

<p>I seem to remember hearing that CBHP students take some required classes related to computers and research. Does anyone have the link for those classes? DS2012 is considering applying next year, but wants more info.</p>

<p>Thanks! We couldn’t find it on the HC website.</p>

<p>Here 'ya go:</p>

<p>[University</a> of Alabama Undergraduate Catalog 2010-12](<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>Page Not Found | The University of Alabama)</p>

<p>Loring, thanks so much! Somehow, I had never come across that page.</p>

<p>catdaddy, best wishes and congratulations. As Loring said, your son will thrive wherever he goes. And, since he’ll be in-state, you’ll get to see him more often!</p>

<p>We still haven’t told UNC that DS will not be attending there. Need to do that soon.</p>

<p>Congrats, catdaddy! Wishing your son a wonderful college experience! Keep us posted!</p>

<p>Thanks everyone. I have a daughter that is a sophomore in HS so I am encouraging her to consider UA also. She plays soccer so that will impact her decision as well.<br>
Even though my son isn’t going to Bama he has told many of his friends to consider it next year. The junior class at his HS has over twenty likely NMFs out of class of fifty so hopefully Bama will recruit their school hard next year.</p>

<p>Found out this weekend that two of my son’s suite mates are also in the CBHP program. Pretty lucky for my son considering he just picked an available room in the building he wanted with three random suite mates. Gives me some comfort in knowing that even if they don’t share majors, he will have some common classes and interest with his suite mates.</p>

<p>That is so cool Random! </p>

<p>One of the current students that they brought along to the recruiting meeting here in the Midwest said she had a bunch of friends that were CBH and that the first year (academically) was VERY tough. She said that they relied quite heavily on each other, I think it will be fantastic to have them rooming together! Which dorms are they in?</p>

<p>Thanks nicollec! They are in Ridgecrest South North Tower. I am hoping they share other classes beyond the CBHP classes so that they form a regular study group. I had a great study group for all four years of undergrad and I hope the same for my son.</p>

<p>Several of the incoming freshmen CBHers will be living in Ridgecrest West, which is where some of the upperclassmen CBHers (including my son and two of his suite mates) live.</p>

<p>^^ Sounds like there could be one big study group in the Ridgecrest dorms. :-)</p>