Cbhp

<p>Email from cbhp just now. States that they will not be making decisions until next week. Hang in there everyone! </p>

<p>Sent from my DROID RAZR using CC App</p>

<p>That’s going to make it tougher for those coming from a distance to get reasonably priced airfare. Oh well, my D will be so ecstatic if she makes finalist that I guess it won’t matter.</p>

<p>Yea, it will be tough to make arrangements for travel. And the antacid costs while we wait are getting high too!
Sent from my DROID RAZR using CC App</p>

<p>I agree. Schedule-wise, it won’t be a problem, but the cost of airfare for us has gone from around $300 to over $700 in the last week as flights are getting closer to sold out.</p>

<p>So what do you guys think? Will the decisions come out closer to Monday or Friday?</p>

<p>I thought UA picked up the travel costs. Am I wrong?</p>

<p>In past years they have. I’m not sure what they’re doing this year. But even in the past my understanding is that there’s a limit, and somehow I suspect $700 airfare is over the limit.</p>

<p>This is the first evidence of poor planning I have seen from UA. Our flights too are going up with each passing day. I must say its disappointing.</p>

<p>When checking for rates, are you including a Saturday night stayover? If so, then the rate should be lower.</p>

<p>I just checked Orange County, Calif to B’ham and the cost is $411…saturday night stay</p>

<p>FYI … Last year the reimbursement for airfare … or travel generally for those driving … was $500.</p>

<p>Southwest still has flights available at OK rates, but I am not sure how long that will last into next week.</p>

<p>“FYI … Last year the reimbursement for airfare … or travel generally for those driving … was $500.”</p>

<p>I think it’s “up to $500”. I think the mileage if you drive is about 50 cents per mile.</p>

<p>I just checked on SWA from Seattle, and the cheapest fare to Birmingham with a Sat night stay is $736. We were hoping that one parent could go along to see the school, since none of us have ever been to visit, but if S does get the invitation, he may end up going alone. Not sure if he would be able to check into a hotel by himself on Saturday night, though. Guess we will just have to wait and see how if all plays out next week!</p>

<p>you could buy a ticket on southwest now and if you dont use it, you can get credit for it. depending on how likely you will be to use plane tickets in the near future, this may be a good idea.</p>

<p>Im a student and have barely any experience traveling…help!</p>

<p>I have to be in Tuscaloosa on the 17th for UFE, so do you think I should just buy a one way ticket now, wait for CBHP and then buy a ticket home? Or would it just be cheeper to buy a round trip ticket later?</p>

<p>Soooo lost.</p>

<p>which airline will you be flying, met2238?</p>

<p>Vlines, most likely Southwest.</p>

<p>m2ck … thanks for the very important update to my post. Yes, it was up to $500 not a fixed amount of $500. I think we were reimbursed $350.</p>

<p>mommatron and other CBHP hopefuls … I understand wanting to accompany your child to CBHP weekend, and it is a good opportunity to see the campus, but know that you will be spending NO time with your son or daughter. Once they arrive there is constant programming day and night for them and it is ALL part of the evaluative process. If you do have to send your child alone, know that last year Mrs Batson and her husband picked up all the lone travelers at the airport, making multiple trips, in UA Vans so there is no need for you to worry about how they’ll get to and from campus.</p>

<p>I hope this helps. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>“I just checked on SWA from Seattle, and the cheapest fare to Birmingham with a Sat night stay is $736. We were hoping that one parent could go along to see the school, since none of us have ever been to visit, but if S does get the invitation, he may end up going alone. Not sure if he would be able to check into a hotel by himself on Saturday night, though. Guess we will just have to wait and see how if all plays out next week!”</p>

<p>No problem with the Sat check in. CBH will arrange that…he won’t be the only one with a Sat check in.</p>

<p>Delta has a flight Sat return Monday for 549. </p>

<p>And, if flies home on Tuesday the price is lower…453</p>

<p>You may have to use Expedia and others and then try different dates/times/options to see what you can get.</p>

<p>Staying over on Saturday nite makes a difference.</p>

<p>Met…wait…too expensive to do the 2 “one way” tix.</p>

<p>Anyway…at a minimum, start looking at flights with Sunday return and Monday return.</p>

<p>Also…if Robotbldmom is around, she swears that doing the actual booking on certain nights gets better rates.</p>