Cbhp

<p>We have stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Collonade. Brand new hotel, just past Hoover. Great places to eat at the Summit shopping center. AND generally only 10,000 points w/ Marriott. Just thought I’d pass it on.</p>

<p>Also as far as airfare searches, here is a link to the engine that drives Kayak, Google, and most other airfare searches. I am in travel and this is the best there is.</p>

<p>Hope it helps … Keep in mind that it does not give fares for Southwest as they are website only.</p>

<p>[Matrix</a> - ITA Software](<a href=“http://matrix.itasoftware.com/]Matrix”>http://matrix.itasoftware.com/)</p>

<p>No ads, lots of ways to refine your search. Best search engine out there. PM me if you have questions.</p>

<p>Iterry: Yep! I did the same thing, and decided to check again. I’m super excited. Can’t wait to see you there!</p>

<p>SpringHill Colonnade is a very nice hotel. We stayed there when we visited UAB. I stay at the Hilton Perimeter across from the Summit for a business conference every year, and that area is so nice. I eat in little restaurants in the Colonnade, though I know there is a Cheesecake Factory in the Summit that many of my colleagues go to during the conference. I am looking forward to one day sampling the Cheesecake Factory, as son just ate their at the Riverchase Galleria and said it was great.</p>

<p>buzymom3- no email here either. I will assume that means they did not get in :frowning:
He will be very disappointed.</p>

<p>Nothing here either. Sad times! I wish they would send acceptances and rejections out at the same time. It’s difficult to wait for the inevitable.</p>

<p>We are in the same “no email” boat. I was really hoping that this opportunity would come through for him, and, along with a visit to UA, move Alabama up into first place on his potential college list.</p>

<p>^^^ Agree with sniner, congrats to all that have been notified of their finalist status!</p>

<p>No email for my D, either. She’s disappointed and I fear this is going to affect her final decision. Oh well, she tried. . . .</p>

<p>Does anyone know how emerging Scholors works? Do you apply or are you asked?</p>

<p>So, is it safe to assume that those who didn’t receive e-mails today were rejected…?</p>

<p>I’m really disappointed :-/</p>

<p>Made finalist!</p>

<p>My son DID Make finalist!! The email came at 6:30 eastern. So check again. They were not all released at the same time! </p>

<p>SW airlines, hope you have a seat for him still!</p>

<p>Congrats Vlines!</p>

<p>WooHoo Vlines…posted on other CBH thread…so glad to hear that. OK so I am still feeling hopeful here for my D. Keeping my fingers crossed and hitting send/receive every 10 minutes! lol</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>For those of you who do not make the finalist round, do not despair. The program has 40 spots. But there will be students who will go to the finalist weekend and decide that CBHP is not for them. So they turn down their spots. There also will be finalists who receive offers to a top 10 school, their dream school, and they, too, will decline CBHP and Alabama. </p>

<p>Three years ago, only 33 or 34 students elected to go to Alabama and do CBHP. So the powers that be went to the waitlist to fill some spots.</p>

<p>Vlines, I’m sure that your son will be introduced to my son while at finalist weekend. When we lived in Maryland, we were about 15 minutes from where you live. </p>

<p>Small world.</p>