Cbhp

<p>Does anyone have a freshman girl who just finished their first year in CBHP?? D would love to talk to a girl in the program. She was going to minor in Spanish and Psych, but is considering dropping the Spanish and just taking classes to keep fluent. She does not want to have too much on her plate.</p>

<p>She is also still considering Rushing and would love to talk to any girls who are in CBHP and in a sorority, any year.</p>

<p>Please PM me if your D would be willing to talk to my D. She is so excited and she’d just like to get a feel for what she can and can’t do realistically.</p>

<p>RTR! Can’t believe the opportunities that are already starting …</p>

<p>Congratulations to you and your daughter buzymom3!! </p>

<p>I think we are still a bit in shock at our house.</p>

<p>Congratulations Buzymom3!</p>

<p>^^^I don’t know about rushing and CBH as a good mix, I do know that the students are very busy with CBH assignments and that they spend a lot of time working in the CBH Lab, so I don’t know if the required time at the sorority house is doable. There is a BIG project at the end of each semester which takes up a LOT of time.</p>

<p>Double minors will probable work, as long as your daughter is organized about assignments and such. However, I would suggest not to overload the first semester because there is an adjustment to college living and it is football season.</p>

<p>buzymom/busyD. Congratulations!</p>

<p>Congrats to those getting off the wait list!</p>

<p>Congratulations to your D, Buzymom. I know you and your D must be so excited and we are excited for you.</p>

<p>I will second the not rushing and CBH. But that is your decision. I have a frosh D in CBH and engineering. She definitely had a lot on her plate. </p>

<p>My D has started her REU as of yesterday. The poor thing went to the REU classes from 9-6pm. She konked out when she got back to her apt. at 6:30pm. Woke up at 3am. </p>

<p>If you have questions about CBH you can pm them to me and I will pass them on to my D.</p>

<p>BusyMom … PM me and I will ask my D. She just finished her freshman year as a CBHP, and loved it. I can ask her if she’d be willing to speak with your Daughter.</p>

<p>Congrats, buzymom!! And continued good luck to all who are still waiting.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Congrats!</p>

<p>Yes, I agree with Robotbldmom to quickly accept and express sincere thanks!!</p>

<p>Congrats!!!</p>

<p>Congrats to everyone on the good news.</p>

<p>Congratulations!!!</p>

<p>Those of you who came off the waitlist…did you attend the CBHP interview session in February or is this the waitlist for those who were not invited to that event? Are your D’s actually in CBHP without having to interview or did they already do that?</p>

<p>A girl from our town (who doesn’t post on CC) just heard she was admitted to CBH from the waitlist. She did NOT attend finalist weekend and didn’t interview. However, she has met with Dr. Sharpe a couple times during visits, so he knows her.</p>

<p>We did not interview either, but have been in touch with Dr. Sharpe also.</p>

<p>We met w/ Dr. Sharpe during Capstone Scholars Day in January…but it was a meeting about Honors in general. We talked about UA and opportunities available in Fellows, CBHP, Emerging Scholars and just in general about the school. I was still sort of worried about how a Northerner would fit it and he helped settle things for me.</p>

<p>We also told some wicked jokes about LSU… Dr. Sharpe is one amazing personality and I highly recommend that if you get a chance take some time and talk to him. He made my D feel so welcome and excited about being at 'Bama.</p>