CC African students??

<p>Harambee, no im afraid i dont speak kiswahili. I understand a little though. My mum speaks her language to us and I speak a little french, but thats about it! Oh yeah and CNN and MSNBC are kind of my life to, escpecially during the election, they were all that I watched. Once you have finished studying, what do you want to become?</p>

<p>@kenyangerman - I’m not sure yet, it’s hard to predict right now, but I have dreams of being a rich man. :D</p>

<p>I wanna become an engineer/enterpreneur.
BTW What are you guys aiming at for the SAT 1 scores?</p>

<p>I’m happy with anything above 2250.</p>

<p>Hey guys, cool thread.
I’m Ghanaian but I was born in Canada (so I have Canadian citizenship) but now I live in the US. I’m not taking any AP classes, but I am in the IB program. I’m a rising junior, so it might be a bit early to post any stats…</p>

<p>WOW! This is my first time seeing an IB student from the states.
Btw I am rising senior this year in the IB Im taking Physics Chinese Eco and Geo high. (my comma isn’t working). What about you have you decided yet? What are your Uni plans? Hear from you soon!</p>

<p>P.S in case you weren’t catching up… I’m in China… and I am Chinese/Tanzanian.</p>

<p>HEY Guys!
I’m a male Ghanian (Asante :D)
I take AP classes (maybe too many :/)
SAT1: 2150-M…780…CR…660…W…710 (first time…aiming for 2250+ in October)
AND im aiming for YALE…scea…!<br>
im very involved in student council in my school and in my state… I play sports…yada yada yada (and im a sienfeld fan :] )</p>

<p>hey guys!
Frank im also in the states (NC) and im in the IB program! and im a rising senior. thats awesome that your in China! are you planning on going to school in the States??</p>

<p>Im aiming for Georgetown or George washington i really wanna apply Early yo George washington and just be done, but i probably won’t cuz of money…</p>

<p>I agree with jcgb917, so cool that you are in China. Sometimes I wish that I were mixed so that I could be apart of two cultures instead of just one!</p>

<p>As for my class schedule, next year I’ll be taking IB Physics, IB French 5 HL (so I’m not quite sure if they’ll let me take the test since I’ll only be a junior), IB Psychology, IB English, and regular American History (I need a break sometime!).</p>

<p>For University, I’m thinking about chemistry and/or engineering, but I’m not completely sure how much I would enjoy actually working in those fields. I really want to shadow an engineer so I can figure out what to do with my life!
I’m not really sure what school I want to go to, but at the moment I’m looking at McGill University in Montreal since it would be super cheap with my citizenship AND it’s a great school as well! </p>

<p>Hey kboateng, I see from your name that you are, indeed, Ghanaian :slight_smile: I’m Ewe myself (although I can only understand some of the language and can’t speak it to save my life).</p>

<p>I guess to end this long post I’ll say that I want to learn Korean in college :slight_smile: Random, but true.</p>

<p>Jeez everyone knows all these cool languages and are from all these cool places… i just know english and a little french, and im just from New orleans… so plain :frowning:
elikplim93 you and I have a very similar schedules! im taking IB Psychology, IB math studies, IB/AP HL French 5, IB TOK/20th century history, and IB English, its gonna be a fun senior year…</p>

<p>weird i have a ghanian friend named kojo boatang, but he lives in ny.</p>

<p>Looks like a lot of you are in IB.
I’m a rising Junior. I’m looking into Political Science but i’m starting to move towards engineering. I’m looking at Stanford!!! but it’s too early for me to start making a college list until I take some SAT’s and AP’s. I’m spending a good deal of my summer studying for them.</p>

<p>BTW, I’m a Kenyan male in NC.</p>

<p>we need new threads.</p>

<p>100 percent Sudanese, and born in Liverpool, England. One in 9 black people in an all-white highschool. Since im northern sudanese, a few people might not consider me African-American. But I realized that if i have to deal with the racism associated with semi-rural ohio, then i better get the compensation associated with ticking “African American” lol. Anyways, i find it funny how when you meet different africans(including our bastardized bretheren) you start to notice little motifs in our speech and certain mannerisms. I am not regarding any stereotypes as true or anything… but take a look around. Its kinda funny the certain things we all have in common, as a continental people.</p>

<p>^You don’t have to deal with stereotypes to check African-American. By definition you would already be African-American. </p>

<p>

</p>

<p>lol thanks for the clear up bud</p>

<p>Hey!
I’m a Somali-American who lives in Kenya.
I go to a competitive IB international school here.
Yeah, not many ecs [Interact, Habitat for Humanity]
uh nothing much else to say…</p>

<p>Yay for another African! It’s nice to see a new post. This thread needs to be revived.</p>

<p>libyan, taking several ap’s, only ok gpa, 2180 sat, hoping for uva out of state, speak multiple languages</p>

<p>^you speak French?</p>