CC African students??

<p>i did, i forgot most of it, but if i brushed up on it that’d be 4 languages total</p>

<p>That’s pretty neat, what other languages do you speak? I forgot most of my swahili and french so I have to brush up on them too.</p>

<p>spanish, french, hebrew, and english. i want to start studying japanese though</p>

<p>hebrew? whoa. cool.</p>

<p>Hey guys I’m from Sudan! I was born there and moved right away to live in Saudia Arabia for about 6 years, then moved to Phili in 2nd grade for 1 year, then in Alabama for 1 year, and Finally in NJ now for about 7 years. I will post my high school status in a bit, but I can’t now!</p>

<p>Nice. So you’ve lived in 3 different continents, and 4 different countries. That’s pretty neat. Not something you get to see everyday.</p>

<p>sierra leoneon and guinean. wow it’s nice to know there are africans on here</p>

<p>^True that</p>

<p>i just like the fact that every college requires a diversity essay, and that it will be really easy to write.</p>

<p>Cameroonians :)</p>

<p>I’m a Somali! :slight_smile: I used to live in NorthVA (d.c. area), Dubai & now in MN :]</p>

<p>what are you guys going to be doing this summer?</p>

<p>I’m Volunteering at the Veterans Affair Hospital.
Doing the FAME (FORUM TO ADVANCE MINORITIES IN ENGINEERING) program
Taking summer classes</p>

<p>Way to revive a long-dead thread, guys! Necros. ;)</p>

<p>But I’m Haitian, not continental African, so I guess I don’t belong here. :o</p>

<p>/leavethread</p>

<p>hey,you are part of us too , ksarmand. i’m Nigerian.</p>

<p>Ethiopian here. Born in Addis Abeba, moved to America at the age of 1-2.</p>

<p>There is 5-7 Africans at my school, including me. There are 2 other Ethiopians but they have come to America fairly recently and are not in AP classes.</p>

<p>Amongst the Ethiopian society in my Area, around 30-50 in the high school-college age, there aren’t too many who go anywhere except the state flagship. There was 1 who went to University of Chicago and 2 who went to Texas colleges. Overall it is mainly 1st generation Ethiopians who have trouble with English upon coming to America.</p>

<p>There is also a huge anti-intellectualism ring of people within the Ethiopian community, it’s sad.</p>

<p>I wish I knew what present-day country my ancestors were from … I’m in need of some closure =[ .</p>

<p>^You can be Haitian, justadream92. We’d be happy to have you. :)</p>

<p>LOL I live in Spring Valley and they say it’s the third largest area outside of Haiti with the biggest Haitian population … essentially all of my friends are Haitian and I learn a little bit of Creole everyday lol I love it</p>

<p>^You live in Spring Valley?!
SICK. (btw, there was a Haitian convention there last week)
All the Haitians I know who don’t live in Boston, NYC, or Florida live in Spring Valley.
Where I live, we have the 16th-highest Haitian population, though, so it’s not too shabby. :)</p>

<p>Edit: It’s spelled Krey</p>