CC African students??

<p>lol crazinesss ! i was pulled out of school 3 weeks ago to go upstate to albany to represent “model students” on behalf of Haiti with some of my friends and the assembly declared May 18th Haitian Unity Day a state holiday haha … i love Haitians!</p>

<p>my family is nigerian my siblings and i are 1st generation american
there are about 30 or 40 african americans at my school but most are in the traditional program. there are only about 3 or 4 africans each of the 2 magnet programs.</p>

<p>I’m also a first generation Nigerian-American!</p>

<p>We’re friends with many Nigerians. One of my close Nigerian friends goes to Harvard.</p>

<p>I am african from africa!</p>

<p>I bet i’m not the only one here who’s hyped for the World Cup. I’m definitely rooting for all the African teams. I thought Ivory Coast would have the best chance of winning it, but since Drogba is out…</p>

<p>Im rooting for Cameroon baby!</p>

<p>@Harambee I’m rooting for the African teams too (particularly Nigeria, of course). I was really sad when Drogba got out because they had such a good shot.</p>

<p>I’m also rooting for the USA. I guess it’s relevant that they have a African player (who’s really hot, jsyk).</p>

<p>Hello, I’m Nigerian too, 1st gen. I was so disappointed by Nigeria’s performance in the soccer cup. My Asian friends are all cheering for South Korea and making fun of me. :(</p>

<p>I <3 nigerians! some of my best/good friends are nigerian :slight_smile: I know one nigerian girl girl that goes to MIT and another at northwestern.</p>

<p>Okay, not to stereotype but all of my nigerian friends are ridiculously smart. I wish Somalis were more like nigerians are stressed on the importance of school more :P</p>

<p>@nil desperandum - You’ll get a chance to laugh at them when Argentina beats South Korea. Argentina’s one of the favorites in the world cup, so it shouldn’t be a surprise if they beat everyone in their group.</p>

<p>I’m first generation Ethiopian-American</p>

<p>@nil desperandum Nigeria’s probably going to beat South Korea. Argentina and Nigeria are the two that will make it to the group of 16, most likely.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>FALSE. Who is Argentina’s coach again?</p>

<p>Yeah, I thought so.</p>

<p>^A teams success isn’t solely based on how good their coach is. It’s based more on the quality of players that they have, and speaking of quality players:</p>

<p>Who is the FIFA world player of the year again?</p>

<p>Yeah, I thought so.</p>

<p>^A good player on a team with a bad coach will fail. Why isn’t Messi scoring as many goals? Why does Argentina suck at utilizing the firepower of its players? The answer: bad coaching.</p>

<p>

It was the first WC game, but how many shots did Messi have? 8. How many did Nigeria have? 12.</p>

<p>

That’s why they had 20 shots with 7 of them shots on goal. If it wasn’t for Nigeria’s brilliant goalkeeper, Argentina could have easily had four, perhaps even five goals.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>…</p>

<p>You’ve essentially proved me right.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>That’s the problem. How many of those shots would he have been able to make if the coach was a bit better? When I watched the game, I was aghast that Nigeria managed to score a goal. Given the quality of the Argentinian team, this should not have happened.</p>

<p>^are we taking about the same game? I don’t remember Nigeria scoring a goal</p>

<p>^:)</p>

<p>I don’t think we are. I got confused with another match I watched today. Oops!</p>