CC African students??

<p>hahahahaha</p>

<p>

Sigh…It was only a matter of time before this was brought up again. I must say though, a loss wouldn’t have been too surprising, but a 4 nil thrashing is embarassing, to say the least. Looks like I lost this one, but there’s always 2014…</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I couldn’t help beating a dead horse. Perhaps you will be right in four more years. :p</p>

<p>UGANDA STAND UPPPPPP ! :p</p>

<p>and there is a kenyan here.!</p>

<p>I was born in Nigeria so I don’t know what to call myself, 1st gen? or immigrant?</p>

<p>^ that would make you a F.O.B. then…jk :)</p>

<p>i love being african!!!</p>

<p>where are all the somali/djiboutii/ethiopian/eritrean/kenyan/sudanese ppl??!</p>

<p><strong>eastafricans</strong></p>

<p>I am Here!! From ethiopia.</p>

<p>Ethiopian with a 4.0 Gpa</p>

<p>Born in Nigeria, living in Canada right now.</p>

<p>SAT: 740 CR, 730 M, 690 WR (2160 Composite)
GPA: 91% Unweighted (4.0 equivalent)
ECs: Lots of sports, Air Cadets, Acting/Modelling Agency</p>

<p>Waiting to hear from Duke ED right now.</p>

<p>Ah, this month is so stressful! I’m applying to so many colleges including Yale, Columbia, and Wellesley. I’ve finished my app for Princeton, and I cant wait until the 15th to hear back from Stanford (I applied SCEA).
Hello fellow Africans, how are you?
I’m Junie, I’m from Cameroon. Born in London, living in Texas - I just moved here from New Jersey where I founded African-American Kids of New Jersey, a conference for African immigrants. None of them were too bright though, which totally failed my expectations! I founded the club to help them get into all the Ivy League schools because I know none of them are too interested in their education. Tsk. It was a good EC though, I got to write about it in several of my essays. Starting an annual conference in 8th grade looks pretty good on college apps, if you ask me.
I have the largest headache right now. Tomorrow I have latin SAT subject test. I studied for the past 3 weeks and I decided to take a break today. I’ll review the subject matter tomorrow morning before I head in. I feel so fly today after polishing off my Yale essay. It was about me possibly being gay. I feel so fly, I’m telling you.
Any Cameroonians here? I visited Cameroon over the summer. It was so fun!</p>

<p>@nii - you’re an immigrant if your parents were born in Ethiopia. just believe me.</p>

<p>i like to call fob fresh off the airplane. no one uses boats anymore to get from AFRICA</p>

<p>feeling so fresh todayy handed in my 6 page essay on fish on time~ finished my yale essay, drafted my smith essay and UPenn essay. im definitely handing in my Wellesley and Columbia apps this weekend.</p>

<p>what colleges are y’all applying to? anyone waiting to hear back from a college that you applied to ED or EA? yale or stanford anyone? (i applied to stanford!)</p>

<p>feelin’ so fresh today</p>

<p>Wooo! Glad I’m the first to represent Senegal and Ivory Coast.
I’m half Senegalese and half Ivorienne(didnt knw how to write this in english).
Is anyone here annoyed with how people generalize and disrespect Africa?</p>

<p>This thread is a year old why was this thread bumped?</p>

<p>Ghana!!!
:3</p>

<p>Moroccans represent.</p>

<p>Cameroon :stuck_out_tongue: …</p>

<p>Holy crap, there are soo many of us. LOL</p>

<p>@Zombie why not bump it? And its less than a year old…</p>

<p>I guess whatever like no one comes here anyway so I guess it doesn’t matter…</p>

<p>My parents are from Cameroon, I’m not sure if that counts since I was born in America. I go to an all girls Catholic college prep school with a pretty rigorous curriculum. </p>

<p>ACT: 30, hoping to bring it up to a 32-34
GPA: 3.86
Extracurriculars:

• Co-founder of school poetry club, Treasurer- Secretary, Event Planner and Coordinator (2 years)
  • Community and Events Editor/ Reporter on school newspaper (2 years)
  • Hospital volunteer (3 years)
  • Quizbowl, JV co-captain, Varsity member (2 years)
  • Black Association of Social Awareness and Education (4 years)
  • City Council Campaign Volunteer (2 years)
  • Model United Nations (4 years)
  • Just Peace Society (4 years)
  • Focus: Hope School Leader (1 year)
  • Habitat for Humanity trip to Kentucky (1 year)
  • Model United Nations</p>

<p>Awards: a couple of country wide newspaper honorable mention awards, not much else that I can think of…</p>