CC Meet-Ups at PREVIEW WEEKEND: The Plan!

<p>Well - hope we make it. United just cancelled the flights tomorrow to Birmingham. I have late Friday night flights on Southwest - hope they go. There goes Friday night at the deli. We also had scheduled a meeting with a counselor that now has to be cancelled. We’ve had such a mild winter - it just had to be this weekend!!</p>

<p>Oh no Chicago Bear! We will miss you two Friday night. There is still the debrief Saturday night at Mugshots.</p>

<p>Btw, we have been driving all day and are almost to Meridian. Lots of lightning!</p>

<p>ChicagoBear, your story scared me right to the Southwest website! We are driving to Chi Town tomorrow to pick up a SW flight at 1:25pm. So far, out flight is still scheduled. We have our fingers crossed we don’t get cancelled too.</p>

<p>They just reduced the snow estimates to 3-5 inches in Chicago from more than 8 inches. Late this afternoon, United cancelled the early am flight to BHM, but kept the late evening flight - they are just trying to sell the few available seats for $1250 each! At Southwest I was able to pick up evening flight (almost the same time) for $221 each way. Only problem is we live a little northwest of O’Hare - so we’ll have an hour drive each way to Midway. The way the weathermen were talking, it sounds like the 8:40 pm flight should be OK.</p>

<p>Thanks for the reminder about Mugshots! I think we are suppose to have dinner with at least one roommate, but I may need an adult beverage the way things are going!</p>

<p>We JUST got to Tuscaloosa, and the last 60 miles from Meridian were white-knuckle driving through heavy rain, lightning and sleepy truckers…</p>

<p>There is, apparently, a softball tournament in town too…</p>

<p>TxArchitect, while we were still driving thru Louisiana we heard the NWS weather warnings for Mississippi. They are flashing across the screen on the tv.<br>
We are tucked in bed for the night in Vicksburg. Weather was actually clear all the way for us. Sure beats what they had forcast for us a few days ago.</p>

<p>We are happily tucked in at the Microtel and looking forward to a full day of appointments with various folk at UA tomorrow.</p>

<p>THEN, early registration and on to Jason’s Deli.</p>

<p>Many of you have my ph number if you want to meet up at registration, call me.</p>

<p>I’m in the same unfortunate spot with the terrible weather fellow northerners! My dad and I started driving from Chicago at around 5pm, and it took us until 1am to get a little less than half way to Tuscaloosa through rain, snow and sleet. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better! I’m praying for some blessings for good weather tomorrow and a safe arrival for everyone making their way to T-town! Safe travels and roll tide!! I can’t wait to meet all of you wonderful ladies!!! :)</p>

<p>Safe travels for those traveling today! We had a snow day today in West Michigan, so I know the weather is rough in Chicago!! Good luck to everyone!! Be Safe!</p>

<p>T-Town! Eating lunch on The Strip at Moe’s.
D, I’m pretty certain I know that girl over there from our Facebook group.
Weather is beautiful! Tempted to put the top down it is nice!</p>

<p>Prayers for safe travels for all of you to arrive in T-Town safely!</p>

<p>at Jason’s Deli…table at back.</p>

<p>Wow! What a huge crowd! Thank you all for attending and a HUGE THANKS to AHPHIMOMMY !!! Yea!</p>

<p>See you gals ( and dads) tomorrow!</p>

<p>I had so much fun meeting everyone! Thank you for all of the wonderful and incredibly useful information!! I can’t believe how much I learned. I’m so excited for tomorrow now! :)</p>

<p>Eighteen Girls there Tonight!!!</p>

<p>Just arrived at the hotel - whew! Several Bama preview girls were on the late flight out of Chicago. After a near miss, everyone is looking forward to a good day tomorrow!</p>

<p>My mom said she saw a bunch of Bama girls on the late flight as well! I’m just glad everybody got out of Chicago safely and can join us for all of the fun today! :)</p>

<p>We had a great time and Bama …so glad I met everybody…and especially .to those who organized this and provided so much useful information…it was also extremely helpful to the girls who all seemed to like each other…at least my daughter liked them��. … Sorry I couldn’t join for dinner…my husband needed a “sorority break”…,
See you soon…</p>

<p>LOL on the “sorority break”. While the last 2 days have been very informative it was about halfway thru today my mind went into a “checking out” mode for a bit. Today was lot of great information during the 5 hour parent meeting. The gentleman in charge of organizing move-in, WOW! Talk about getting that “down”. He is AMAZING! </p>

<p>First “lecture” I gave my D, “if you go to the dining hall to just get a cup of coffee, a cookie, or light snack… DO NOT SWIPE YOUR DINING CARD!” That poor mom whose kid used 30 of her Greek 55 meals to just get a cup of coffee. OUCH! </p>

<p>D meet her roommate yesterday and we all had lunch and dinner together today with a few other moms and girls we met. Great times! Girls all seemed to love it! Yea!</p>

<p>Safe travels home to all.</p>

<p>Have your DDs check BOTH their private and CRIMSON email accounts for invitations.</p>