CC vs Grinnell

<p>I was accepted at both schools and received the same amount of aid, though Grinnell's package had no loans. I'm drawn to CC for its location, block plan, and unique opportunities, but Grinnell also seems like a good fit, even though it's isolated, based on what I've heard. </p>

<p>I just want to know more about the academic/social scenes and what makes these schools different from each other. I am visiting Grinnell this week and am considering flying out to Colorado, though I still have about 10 other schools to hear back from (including my first choice, Oberlin). </p>

<p>I'd describe myself as fairly intellectual, a little out there, but friendly and very open-minded, middle-class (don't want to be surrounded by rich kids who flaunt their wealth, though I know that's sort of a given at liberal arts colleges), not a big partier, and an undecided major. Thanks (also posting this on the CC forum).</p>

<p>I would say stay away from Grinnell unless you are VERY intellectual. It’s a very nerdy school, but academically it’s one of the most amazing experiences of higher education out there. CC may not be as tense academically, but the block plan is rigorous.</p>

<p>Both schools are liberal, but Colorado Springs is a very conservative town (one can extrapolate that it’s because of the airforce base nearby.)</p>

<p>I would say for you… CC. But it’s all up to you. Congrats to have to make this decision, you must have a ton of potential.</p>

<p>marshallmeyer12, could you please elaborate on why Grinnell is only a good choice for super intellectuals? I’m considering it for next year. I definitely want a great academic experience, but community and an abundant social life are also big priorities for me. Thanks!</p>

<p>There were some nerdy people there for sure when I visited this weekend. The guy next to me on the plane was reading a book on ancient philosophy just for fun, but not everyone was like that. Everyone was really cool and interesting, and I’m definitely considering Grinnell more strongly. I consider myself intellectual but not overly so.</p>