CCers in T-Town August 2013

<p>Just a suggestion - call Mellow Mushroom in the next day or so to see if they’ll be open. I’ve heard they’re doing a complete renovation, but I have no idea what the timeline is.</p>

<p>I’d hate for you all to schedule a time to hang out, only to find out that it’s closed!</p>

<p>Janine</p>

<p>I’m planning on taking the train on Monday, the 5th, heading to the storage unit to see what definitely needs to go in the room, hopefully throwing out some things as the move was rushed this year because of family issues, and helping son move into his room on the 6th. Still trying to figure out how I’m going to get home. I’ll either train it from Ttown on the Crescent, which I’ve never done, or hitch a ride to the airport and fly home. Both take the same amount of time, since Southwest no longer flies direct from Bham to NOLA. Husband can’t get off of work, either, but with moving Mom three different times in the past two years, I’ve become an old pro. Plus, son has gained another two inches on me, so I’ll depend on his braun for the heavy lifting. H and I will try to go back up on a less busy weekend before the end of August to totally clear out the storage unit and maybe bring up the winter clothes. Definitely want to do this before football season and parking gets crazy. Am looking forward to pulling into the garage and hopefully taking the elevator up to son’s room in Ridgecrest South. Totally new room so not sure what will fit and what won’t. Past three years in Riverside have gotten us spoiled for space, but will enjoy the new parking. Not sure if son will head home with me or not. If he does, we’ll drive back, so waiting on buying a return ticket. Depends on his job and what friends have already gotten there. When are the off campus kids generally heading to town to move into their apartments?</p>

<p>^Montegut, our DD is moving back to her off campus apt. on Friday, the 9th. We will all be going and moving our DS into his dorm for AA at the same time. She doesn’t want him down there one day without her. She is so excited about having her little (6’5") brother at Bama with her for her last year! I am starting to get very emotional about this “empty nest” stage that is rapidly approaching!</p>

<p>I wish we would be there later in August to meet ya’ll, but we will be down (8/1) and headed back home (8/4) due to training for the boy. It is a bummer in a way because part of the fun is being in the mix with everything going on, but I won’t miss the potential headaches that go along with it. Good luck to everyone in your travels ahead and I hope everything works out well for all involved.</p>

<p>I know this is a silly question but what is a CCer?
We are coming up on the 8th and leaving Sunday.
After reading about Bid Day I want and am planning on coming back to be a part of that. The downside to that is that we live 13 hours away. I have a hotel for the drop off but I just cannot stand the prices that these hotels charge.
(<a href="mailto:gotjenks45@live.com">gotjenks45@live.com</a>)</p>

<p>Hi all I discovered this site when my Daughter was a freshman last year. I would love to meet other parents. Will be there 15 -19 driving her car from CA. She flew for recruitment work week.</p>

<p>@gotjenks45
“CC” is an abbreviation for “College Confidential” and thus folks on this forum are known as “CCers”.</p>

<p>Not to be confused with the original meaning of CC which is “Carbon Copy”. That would be for those of us who remember using a typewriter and piece of carbon paper between two sheets of paper to create an identical copy. :-)</p>