CCM University of Cincinnati

CCM’s Musical Theatre program used to be one of the top 3 in the nation. The head of the program that it thrived under retired leaving it in shambles and it is now being run by someone that is totally unqualified. My child’s education here has been a total chaotic disaster. I cannot wait to be done with this school!

Interesting. I noticed a trend toward horrible audition problems and communication issues being raised here but I have not heard much about anyone’s experience actually at the school.

1 Like

Hi,
CCM has been at the top of my list for a while. I’m sorry to hear your child’s education has been bad— do you mind elaborating a little?

1 Like

I have heard that CCM is having some transition issues but cannot get details. I will say one of the broader issues of having a student in arts programs now (I have a senior at BU - Acting with MT Concentration) is COVID training was awful. I do not feel my D got the education, training and experience we paid for. She has had discussions with her advisor and with two of her teachers and there hasn’t been an adequate response AT ALL. No abroad. No mainstage (very small and all-male shows going up right now). Had we had a crystal ball, we would have had her do a gap year last year to preserve some of the potential for some solid training.

hi Would you say that the acting program is having the same issues or is the head of that program separate from the MT? Thanks for your honesty

so sorry @dramamama2424 - I did not see this. Do you mean CCM? The MT and Acting program heads are separate. BU - one head of the program (MT is just a concentration).

Hi yes I mean CCM Acting. My son was accepted to their program.

I definitely hear you on the covid stuff my other son did a gap year so as to delay problems with no performing in person at his BFA MT.!:slight_smile:

my DD is a CCM BFA MT and yes she experienced the joys of college during covid. Despite it all the acting head of chair for MT was fabulous and the New head of Chair did everything possible to make it a great experience for the students. When COVID. hit and persisted many schools saw a lot of outside donors and funding fade away. That being said opportunities to bring in Master classes and put on outrageous spectacular productions the top schools are known for became more difficult. Despite it all, we feel as does our daughter, that she got a phenomenal education. The staff and students are incredibly supportive, kind, creative and talented. Many of the top schools saw head of chair changed during covid… but schools like these will always rise to the top! My Dd had many acceptances and If we could go back in time and change things … the only thing we would change would be no COVID!
CCM is still a top choice where students come first and their training in paramount!