Cell phone coverage

<p>does Verizon work well in Tucson? How about AT&T?</p>

<p>Both coverage maps look very similar.</p>

<p>I was in Tucson in February, and throughout both the city and the school, I got great coverage on Verizon.</p>

<p>Now, I've got AT&T, and though I haven't been to Tucson since switching, the maps are similar, with coverage in Tucson, as well as the entire I-10 between Tucson/Phoenix. (Cellular and 3G)</p>

<p>My orientation is in a couple weeks (2, I think), so I'll try and remember to check my signal strength when I go out.</p>

<p>My son had AT&T the first year (lived in the dorms) and we switched to Verizon in December (he lived off campus). Both worked, but we seemed to get better reception with Verizon, both on and off campus, even on the bus. Sometimes AT&T would drop a call or cut out, and that has not happened since we switched companies. Another plus was that the people at the Verizon store were helpful when he temporarily lost his charger-- they allowed him to charge up there while he waited.</p>

<p>My friend in AZ says Verizon is the main service and AT&T is runner-up so I'm thinkin you're fine with either one.</p>

<p>I just got back from 3 days in Tucson. Coverage was great all over campus, and there wasn’t a time when I didn’t have a 3g signal. I didn’t use my phone much around town, but when I did, there were absolutely no issues. I also never lost signal the entire drive to/from Tucson, which was nice. (Obviously when I’m driving myself I’m not using my phone, though it’s good to know there’s service incase my car breaks down!)</p>

<p>I have t-mobile…5 bars everywhere. A lot of buildings have basement floors though where no one gets reception except a few with a combination of verizon and expensive phones.</p>