En102
CH 117 with Shane Street
Math 145 with Lawrence Roberts
ChE 125
Engr 111
Engr 131 honors
Engr 151
MUA 153(band)
It is difficult to schedule around band and also the other four 1 hr eng classes. Is this too many honors classes? I have read that CH117 is very difficult but I think that class is with Dr. Dixon and he is scheduled with Dr. Shane Street. Input from anyone iwth experience with these classes and/or profs would be greatly appreciated! Is this schedule too difficult?</p>

<p>It’s true that the Honors Chem with Dr. Dixon can be tough. If Dr. Street is known to be a bit easier, then go for it.</p>

<p>The engineering classes are not difficult at all. They do not involve a lot of time either.</p>

<p>I don’t know the answers to the other courses as my D didn’t take them.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>I hope that is the case… his reviews all say he is a good teacher but the reviews were for Ch 101 or 102. Also, do you know anything about Dr. Lawrence Roberts in the math dept?</p>

<p>If he thinks he is in over his head how difficult would it be to change to CH 101? There are conflict with the CH 101 recitation time with his EN 102 class… CH 101 is 5:00-6:20 and EN 102 is 6:00-6:50… do you think advisor would override this?</p>

<p>Bama89- </p>

<p>My son just finished up his freshman year as an aerospace engineer and plays with the MDB. He took the honors chem with Dixon his first semester because of scheduling problems with band practice. It was very difficult and time consuming. He survived, but he said it was the most work of any class he has taken so far. He learned to like Dr. Dixon and really liked the labs, just lots of homework and difficult tests.</p>

<p>The MDB takes up a lot of time. Do not underestimate the travel time from the dorms/engineering buildings to Butler field. My son does not have a car so had to ask for rides (which wasn’t a problem), or he rode his bike. My son loves the band. Big committment but he loves it.</p>

<p>He also took the same three engineering classes your son is signed up for when he took the chem. He said they were no problem as long as you attended class and did the homework. He rounded out his schedule with calc 2 which was fine for him. Good luck.</p>

<p>I’m not saying anyone has posted anything inappropriate here, but I’d like to point out that posters should be mindful of posting names and remarks about individual professors here before someone does. I’d refer to rating sites or private messages for making comments about individual professors by name.</p>

<p>Thanks HF… I am glad to hear he likes band, my son is looking forward to it but you are so right it makes scheduling very difficult with most labs overlaping with practice.<br>
As far as the chem profs go, I have heard nothing but good things about all of them I am just concerned with time demands of everything combined while he is adjusting to college. Easy teacher does not equal good teacher!!!</p>

<p>Bama89- </p>

<p>He will be fine. As I mentioned above, my son wound up enjoying his chem class and the prof. He learned a lot and managed an A in the class. It was tough but he likes a challenge. As Cuttle mentioned, the engineering classes seem to be ok as long as he goes to class and does the homework. My son was surprised by the number of kids that don’t come to class and than fall behind on the work. They are the ones who won’t make it to the next level of engineering.</p>

<p>Being in band and engineering can be a pain as far as scheduling labs. But my son likes it so much he tried out for the pep band second semester and had a blast. He traveled with the women’s BB team to Nashville for the playoffs and also to Georgia with the gymnastics team for the National Championship. PM me if you want more details. I’ve probably said enough. Roll Tide!</p>