Champlain from a parents view

<p>How exciting to see that Champlain is now listed here! I just wanted to give a quick shout out to any other prospective parents of Champlain students. We have found all of the administrative people at Champlain extremely helpful as we’ve navigated my son’s first few months at the college and also the orientation before college started. Our Champlain freshman is our youngest child and the third one to attend a private college. Our son was accepted to several colleges and we visited well over a dozen but once he visited Champlain, every other one was found to be lacking in one thing or another.</p>

<p>For anyone interested in Network Security, Champlain is one of the few schools for B students that offer this major. The cost may not be the lowest around, but even as a freshman we can see that the job preparation is at the forefront. </p>

<p>My husband and I just returned yesterday from the Family weekend and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves even if we didn’t participate in all of the planned activities. We all like the laid back, but professional atmosphere at Champlain.</p>

1 Like

<p>Thank you for such kind words about our school, kathiep! It feels great to be a part of a community that you speak so highly of. It is a large reason why I stayed in Burlington and chose to work at the college after I graduated. Thank you for sharing your experience with other parents and students here on College Confidential!</p>

<p>Here’s a neat perk of being a Champlain parent - there’s a family ski day being offered in February!

</p>

<p>Nicole - Do you know if the school still does this type of ski weekend activity for families? It sounds awesome!</p>

<p>Hi sjlupin, I’m honestly not sure! That could be a great question for Alumni/Development/Parent Relations at Orientation. If they don’t do this type of event, I’m sure they do something else equally as fun!</p>

<p>Thanks. We’ll check it out when we’re there in August. :)</p>

<p>They did not repeat the family ski weekend in 2013 but they offered a pretty cool alternative [Healthy</a> Mind, Healthy Body, Healthy Spirit](<a href=“http://www.sugarbush.com/seminars]Healthy”>http://www.sugarbush.com/seminars) Personally, we liked the 2012 weekend better but I understand wanting to try different things to see what gets the most attendance.</p>

<p>An update - Champlain has schedule a family ski weekend this winter. We will not be attending as our son is at Champlain’s campus in Dublin but it looks like fun! <a href=“Log into Facebook | Facebook”>Log into Facebook | Facebook;