Chance a brother?

<p>Hey fellow ivy-league hopefuls, I applied to Johns Hopkins, Cornell, Duke (1st choice), Carnegie Mellon, and Yale RD, I intend on achieving a biomedical engineering degree.
I have a 4.0 GPA UW and I'm salutatorian of my class of about 500. I'm black (moved from Nigeria at age 5). My sat scores are as follows:
Math- 720
Verbal- 650
And my SAT II
Math lvl 1- 670
US history- 730
Biology- 670
ACT composite: 30
Teacher and guidance recs are good I suppose, didn't get to see them.
Essays were solid
EC: I'm captian of my soccer team, president of math honor society and VP of NHS. Also a member of various other clubs such as science honor society, environmental club, sophmore and junior steering, I have about 150+ hours of community service.
Any help, suggestions, inputs will be appreciated. I will chance back. </p>

<p>Also Im not sure which test scores I should send, ACT or SAT? what do you guys think?</p>

<p>Oh and W GPA is 4.4</p>

<p>people rarely comment on new post but all ivy schools are reaches …good luck</p>

<p>You are a match for Carnegie Mellon and Cornell, the rest are high match/slight reaches. Your GPA is really good, better than mine by a lot!</p>

<p>I think you are a match for most of those schools except perhaps Yale which is tough for all applicants (which I know everybody says all the time, but it’s still difficult to chance for top 3 colleges in the US). You were wondering where I was rejected last year: Dartmouth, Amherst, Colgate, Vassar and Colorado college. I was waitlisted at Vassar but was eventually denied acceptance.</p>

<p>Good luck to you! I hope you have a safety school as well just in case.</p>

<p>Cornell, Duke, and Yale are all reaches.</p>

<p>seems like duke and yale are reaches, cornell hopkins and cmu should be matches, ECs look good, but sat scores are a bit low. good luck! im sure youll get into most of them</p>

<p>Your board scores show a fair bit of GPA grade inflation. Also I guess BioMed is the new “it” degree. GL but I think all of the school are a good bit of a stretch.</p>