Chance a Junior for VT? (Going to apply next fall)

<p>I am in-state, looking to apply to engineering at Virginia Tech early decision in the fall. I am just going to list some basic stats, not a huge report because I will not be applying for several months, just wanted to get a general idea.</p>

<p>GPA: 3.85 cumulative (4.27 this semester so far)
SAT: 1260, 1900: Math - 620, Reading - 640, Writing - 640
Class Rank: 106/399 (26th percent :/ should be top 25% by the time I apply, extremely competitive class)
ECs: I have various activities, travel sports since middle school, etc. There are a few notable ones that might affect admission. I have taken Engineering classes and Architecture classes, most use CAD programs (AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor, etc.) and took a test to become a certified draftsman in AutoCAD (might not help, but I get a seal on my diploma).
Also, 45 hours of community service.</p>

<p>I am not from NOVA, chance me?</p>

<p>VT in state is very regional. Your best bet is to consult with you GC and/or Naviance to determine what successful VT admits from your school have looked like.</p>

<p>Good luck through the remainder of your Jr year. It can be quite stressful. Continue your focus on academics. It will pay off!!</p>

<p>Thanks, I’ve been to my GC many times to get help on what my schedule should look like for next year to get into tech:</p>

<p>Advanced Independent Engineering
Honors Regional Studies
Honors English 12
Calculus I
AP Biology
AP Government
Honors Adv. Shakespeare</p>

<p>He said if I go to him later in the year he can give me an updated class rank and show me trends of seniors who also got in from my school. Thanks for the feedback!</p>

<p>What school are you applying to? Engineering is the hardest to get in to. Your stats are strong, but this year I thought the same of many others who were waitlisted and rejected from VT (I live in NoVA too). I would try to raise your GPA, further raising your class rank, as much as you can and your SAT scores (forget about writing, they don’t even look at it). If that means taking another AP class, do it. Your extracurriculars are sufficient though, so no worries about that :).</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>Thanks, I have a hook for admission (anti-hook being a white male) in my recommendations as I have a special one. Hopefully if I do not get in, I get deferred from Engineering and accepted into University Studies. I am taking the SAT’s again in May. Also I wanted to note that I DO NOT live in NOVA, because I know its hard to get in from there.</p>

<p>Wow I totally missed the “not,” sorry about that! That may work in your favor, actually, but I don’t know for sure.</p>

<p>No problem, I just put that because I’ve read that it is harder when you are from NOVA because of regional competition.</p>

<p>In regards to a post on my wall, I am aware of a few things after researching Tech (I’ve been wanting to go to VT for a long long time, I’ve been to countless football games since I was a baby): Its very possible to get deferred from engineering and accepted into University Studies. I am not even sure if I want to do engineering (CompSci is near impossible I heard and that’s what I’m leaning towards) or business. If I do not get into Engineering I can mock my schedule like most 1st year enge kids but minus a few classes, and take one at a community college and then get into enge my sophomore year. </p>

<p>Thanks for chancing me! :)</p>

<p>Also wanted to say that the 3.85 will go up as I have a 4.4 right now :)</p>