Chance a Junior who wants to be a Badger

<p>hey, so i'm a junior in CA, who is curious about my chances. it's been a rough last 2 years, with my mom having to move away and my granmother being really sick (both in my essay) so in anycase, here's my profile:</p>

<p>[ *] ACT Composite: 33
[ *] SAT IIs: Span: 770 Lit: 710
[ *] AP's: Span: 5 Eng: 4 US Hist: 3
[ *] Weighted: 3.53 (to give you an idea of how hard my courses were, i got a 3 out of a possible 4 rating on difficulty that my school has)
[ *] ECs listed on app: football, track, clubs
[ *] Job/Work Experience: did finances for a family friend's company (receipt stuff) and also had a job at a toy store lol
[ *] Essays (subject and responses): already started so they should be good
[ *] Teacher Recs: better than great
[ *] Counselor Rec: great
[ *] School Type: Private, does not rank
[ *] Ethnicity: Hispanic
[ *] Gender:M
[ *] 2 summer courses at a local comm. college- pysch and creative writing, both got A's.
* also got 4 awards at our honors convocation, but not sure that means much really. </p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>you'll get in, just keep taking rigorous classes and keep working your gpa up! things look good :)</p>

<p>Look at the chances chart under freshman admission expectations. UW uses UNweighted gpa's.</p>

<p>yeah see i noticed that, but my school doesn't unweigh. does that mean that U Wisc. will recalc.?</p>

<p>Yes, they will recalc to a 4.0 scale.</p>

<p>ok then 3.4 on the recalc.</p>

<p>although your school is difficult, a little bit higher of a gpa would push your chances over the top. otherwise you still have a good shot.</p>

<p>An upward trend in grades will help. A high test score with so-so grades can indicate that you have ability but don't do the work and therefore may not successfully handle the work in college, show them you are willing to work to get the top grades and your chances will improve (you also will better prepare yourself for college). Good luck.</p>

<p>don't know if anyone knows this, but does a good test score make up a little bit for a bad gpa in the wisconsin admissions process?</p>

<p>Yes. Look at the admissions chart on the UW site.</p>