Chance a URM with a low gpa/SAT for NYU?

<p>Thanks to all of the parents and students. You are all wonderful!</p>

<p>I love NYU(AD) so much, I wanna take it behind a middle school and get it pregnant.
^^ Ya gotta love 30 Rock! ahah</p>

<p>Anyways, I am a senior in High school now and I have around a 3.25 (or 3.3) GPA UW, currently. My school does not weight GPA. I know it's low, but I won't waste your time with some lousy excuse. But, by the time my high school career is over, I will have taken around 8 AP classes and an infinite number of honors courses. Also, I have taken french for five years. I want to major in International Affairs and Political Science (Pre-Law track). I received a 1770 SAT I score without studying. Now, I have taken a class and plan to retake it in October (my practice SAT scores are 2050!!) and take the ACT/SAT Subject Tests in November. Here are my credentials. </p>

<p>Will I get into NYU New York and/or Abu Dhabi? </p>

<p>Also, I am applying ED to NYU. Is that a good decision? It's my DREAM SCHOOL.</p>

<p>-3 College Credits from the Sorbonne University in Paris
-Student Ambassador Award/People to People Student Ambassador
-Created a Model UN at my school
-This summer I am interning for a Goodwill Ambassador to IIMSAM (a branch of the UN!)
-Volunteered for 4 summers in a row in a village in Tanzania, Africa
-Part of the Key Club -4 years
-Internship for a Senator (or SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE?!) next year
-Volunteer ever saturday to tutor kids
-Staff writer for my school newspaper for 3 years
-Fashion & Style Editor for newspaper this year
-Volunteered at an orphanage in Tanzania this year - formed a choir and newspaper there
-Soccer & Dance outside of school
-Freshman Coordinator for Students Against Global Abuse
-Secretary for Key Club
-President of SAGA (recycling)
-VP for Model UN
-2 school musicals (featured dancer and costume designer)
-Virginia Girls' State
- ^^ Won the VGS citizenship award (awarded to 14/657 girls across the state)
-CoFounder of 'Skipping Rocks' (an organization that strives to raise money for the Maasai tribal women in Tanzania)
-And more...</p>

<p>AP SCORES:
AP World History - 3 (:[)
AP US History - 4
AP Psychology - 5
AP English Language & Composition - 4
AP English Literature & Composition
AP US Government & Comparative Politics
AP French Language
AP Statistics</p>

<p>Also, getting reccommendations will be super easy because I am pretty friendly with all of my teachers and the faculty at my school (security guards, guadiance counselors, etc). I have 1 already and it is amazing (woo!)</p>

<p>I guess ethnicity comes into play: I am African American.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>I know you asked about your chances, not finaid, but I will warn you that NYU is notoriously bad w/ finaid - - so even if you’re admitted, it might not be financially possible. Good luck.</p>

<p>I thought I’d echo the comment above about NYU’s financial aid being terrible, because it is. Also, be sure that you are not aiming to have the traditional college experience (and by that, I mean campus life) because you won’t really find that at NYU. Provided that your SAT score increases, I think you have a decent shot at admission.</p>