Chance a Wisky hopeful!

<p>Currently postponed</p>

<p>ACT: 24
GPA: (My school does not have weighted GPA) 3.83
Essay: Very good
LOR's: Solid
Our school only offers two AP's and I am taking one of them. (Very small school)
Wisconsin resident
EC's</p>

<p>Varsity Football, Basketball, and Baseball: Four years (All-Conference honors as well)
Student Council President
FBLA Vice-President
S-Club President
Vice-President of class
Member of T.A.T.U. (Teens Against Tobacco Use)
FFA
Musical Production
Naitonal Honor Society</p>

<p>VOLUNTEER WORK</p>

<p>Last summer spent two to three days a week a few hours a day working at out local needy clothing distribution facility</p>

<p>Worked with local food pantry and library extensively</p>

<p>Many other miscellaneous volunteer works</p>

<p>EMPLOYMENT HISTORY</p>

<p>I work full-time during the summer and on the weekends during the school year at an area resort.</p>

<p>If you’re currently postponed, what does it matter? You’ll have your decision in a week or so.</p>

<p>Yes I am aware of that. I was just curious how the CC community feels about my chances. Definitely more curiosity than anything.</p>

<p>First off, Top 25% is not very impressive and a 24 is a HORRIBLE ACT score. Most kids at Madison are top 10% and had ACT scores of around 27-30. So the fact that you even got postponed is irritating to me.</p>

<p>You will not get in. Many people, such as myself, got denied w/o postponement with much better stats than yours. You can hope all you want but I’d be shocked if you get in.</p>

<p>Just being honest.</p>

<p>I appreciate your honesty. My stats are awful, but I had some very impressive essays and letters of recommendation, and many other EC’s that I did not list. I should have noted the unusual competitiveness of my class. Had I graduated in any class, but this one in the last five years I would have been top 10% very easily, perhaps even the top 5%. My guidance counselor explained this to my admissions counselor. Also, I have an upward grade trend.</p>

<p>Redhawk:
I think you have a very good chance of getting accepted. Good luck!
I’m postponed as well… my status details link also is gone. does this mean they are reviewing my app right now??</p>

<p>Nighthawk</p>

<p>I would honestly be VERY surprised if you got in, and not gonna lie, am very surprised you were even postponed. I was also postponed with a 28 ACT, 3.35 gpa, tons of volunteer activities, ec’s, etc. etc. that everyone else has. A 24 ACT?? No offense, but that’s VERY shocking to me. Best of luck to you, though…</p>

<p>The elitism in this thread is revolting. 25% of all persons accepted have an ACT below 26. The fact that someone within this range got postponed shouldn’t be that shocking to you. 24 is not a fantastic ACT, but it’s not a “HORRIBLE ACT”. And GoBucky, as the average ACT for Madison is a 28, and the average GPA is in the 3.6 range, you are definitely not one to be talking about how shocked you are, since your stats put you in the lower 50% of applicants admitted. Heck, his GPA is even higher than yours, and it’s not weighted. Or did we forget that stats are not a guarantee? </p>

<p>Madison is not an ivy league school. Not every person accepted has a 36 ACT, 8 APs, and a 4.5 GPA. There are a range of students admitted, and frankly, the decision to postpone him isn’t that surprising. I think it’s great, as it shows they want to see what he can do, and that it’s not a pure numbers game. </p>

<p>Your attitudes are really ridiculous. You all need to grow the heck up, and stop being so upset that, Baww, you were postponed, and so was someone else that had lower stats than you was too. Clearly you should have been admitted and they shouldn’t even have a chance. :rolleyes:</p>

<p>Oh and HotIvy, if you were an admissions counselor you could say that for sure. Until then, keep your decisive statements to yourself. By your logic, no one with a lower ACT than you should get in, and that’s definitely not the case. </p>

<p>Regardless of my opinion on chance threads, I wish you good luck Redhawks. Your upward grade trend should really help your application, and hopefully you had an amazing first semester of senior year, as that will help too. More people should keep in mind that a GPA and ACT do not solely make an admission’s decision.</p>

<p>I am with pathetique… You are being ridiculous. You wouldn’t be so mean if you had gotten accepted.</p>

<p>Thank you for the support guys. I really appreciate it. This morning I received an email from the department of financial aid and they asked for my FAFSA verification information. Does this mean I am accepted? I understand that admissions and Fin. Aid are completely different departments, but when I called the Fin. Aid office several weeks ago, they said that they will not begin processing my FAFSA until I am admitted.</p>

<p>Accepted. Goodbye and good luck to all you guys.</p>

<p>^^ Yay!!
You are right… about the website thing. arghh… Hope I don’t have to wait until Monday.
Im so happy for you!</p>

<p>This feeling is awesome! I wish all you guys luck, especially you Redhawks! Let me know if you guys hear anything!!</p>

<p>I understand what you mean when it comes to competitive classes. My class has a four way tie for first, myself included. Three of us four also had ACT scores in the 29-32 range.This is also a small class, so everyone else is below the 10% range. </p>

<p>Congrats to Football970. Redhawks33, I hope you also hear good news, if you haven’t already ;)</p>

<p>i got in with a 3.4 gpa ,29%tile, 21 act after postponment. 2 aps,1st gen asian student, wisconsin, a few ECs but other then that if i can get in, i think ur looking allot better then my standards.</p>

<p>My stats were looking at less then a 5% chance(my counceler didnt recoment me applying), but i think if u really put allot of effort in ur essays, it really does make a difference. it sure did for me.</p>

<p>Redhawk: You stand a decent chance of getting in. Try to ignore condescending weiners like HotIvy. He/she is just ****ed that he/she didn’t get in, and is now trying to make herself feel better by insulting other applicants (for some reason I really think HotIvy is a girl, probably because she refers to herself as hot. I’ll just stick with feminine pronouns I guess). 24 ACT isn’t atrocious, but it’s definitely a negative. Everything else looks great though - and I would kill for your GPA :). Good luck.</p>

<p>I hope this does not irritate anyone, but I was accepted!! I am extremely excited. I cannot stress enough how much I believe my essays helped me. I did everything I could do to make sure I got in. My acceptance is a tribute to the admissions counselors who do put a person behind the numbers. It would have been very easy for them to immediately toss my application, but they listened to my “unique” story. For prospective students with stats like myself, this shows that although acceptance to Madison may be a stretch it is not impossible. I will try to enjoy the rest of my senior year, but right now fall cannot come soon enough.</p>

<p>Congratulations Redhawks. :] Who cares if it upsets anyone. This is *your *acceptance; don’t let others get you down if they try.</p>

<p>I think it’s fantastic and shows that it is not just a numbers game. So congratulations again. :] Enjoy your senior year before Madison!</p>

<p>Congratulations dude!! That’s awesome!</p>

<p>Congrats, Redhawks!</p>