Chance a Wisky hopeful!

<p>congratulations to redhawk! I also am a postponed student whose feeling a bit anxious about getting my decision</p>

<p>I have a 1920 on my Sat (equivilant to about a 28-29 on the ACT)
3.3-3.4 Unweighted Academic GPA (3 B+'s, a B and a B-)
full senior year course load
New York State Resident
Grade trend: increased until my junior year, which it decreased, I increased it during my senior year from a 3.1 to a 3.3
top 38% of my class (91st out of 231) but for those who think I’m low on the list, in my school rank is weighted (over 50 students have a gpa of 4.0 or higher.) so I’m really something like: (41st out of 181)
well written statements
Recommendations from teachers, councelors and the dean of the lawschool in my city
works 25 hours a week
founder and captain of school rugby team
member of the drama club for over 4 years (participating in theatre organizations for 7)
does the morning announcements in my school
acts as the schools mascot
plays guitar (self taught)
snowboards to keep fit
involved in writers guild (creative writing group)</p>

<p>Community service/life experience:
I have a sister with special needs
I was a camp councelor for 2 summers, working with children with downs syndrome</p>

<p>I’m extremely nervous about recieving my decision and I wanted to know what people thought about my credentials?</p>

<p>Wow Pathetique. Pathetic exactly. You are the one acting very immature cutting everyone down on this board every chance you get. I was just expressing my surprise at the situation, no need for you to be a jerk about it. Never said I had perfect stats, but like you said, more than numbers go into applications…so until you know all of my information, don’t make a judgement about me. As for Redhawks and everyone else who has been admitted thusfar, congrats. Still waiting…</p>

<p>Haha, I love when people read Pathetique as pathetic. I’m sure it would make Beethoven giggle, too. But hey, that’s the society we live in nowadays.</p>

<p>And I cut people down “every chance” I get, and I’m a jerk? lol Please. You and HotIvy are not everyone on this board. Take a look in the mirror. Your comments towards Redhawks were completely unjustified. All I said was the facts and that you had no place to talk, and you definitely don’t. Don’t dish it out if you ain’t willing to take it back. I suggest you get used to criticism.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Oh, I see. So you can do that all you like, but no one else can say a darn near negative thing about you? Grow up. :rolleyes: Or are you just admitting to your own hypocrisy?</p>

<p>Thanks again!! Good luck to all other postponed students!!</p>

<p>Comments on comments. Elitism is NOT revolting. You choose UW because it is more elite than other schools. This site is not for making people feel good, it is for offering honest thoughts. Reality and honesty is preferrable to ego stroking. The harsh reality is that not all students are equally qualified, some bubbles need to be burst. HS students- this is not a place where you wear down people to get the answer you want- it may have worked with your parents when you were little, but we are not hostages to your feelings. Keep up the posts, Pathetique, you are helping many students who have an interest in UW.</p>