CHANCE AN ANXIOUS INTERNATIONAL STUDENT, pretty decent gpa, quite low sat

<p>So basically these are my stats:
I'm a korean student studying in an IB school in Indonesia (full IB).
For my grade 11 (second semester) my grades were 38/42 and 40/45
Math HL - 7
ITGS SL- 7
English B HL - 5
Indonesian A HL - 5
Business SL - 6
Physics SL - 6</p>

<p>And for my grade 12 first semester i got 36/42, and 38/45. </p>

<p>My Ec's are :
School body vice president
Basketball Vice captain
Scholarship in Junior Highschool
Credit for Australian Mathematics Competition
Church worship leader
Church youth president
Habitat for humanity
Cashier Work Experience
(i got scholarship in my school too, which i wrote as an EC :P)
and many more</p>

<p>I'm considered top 1-2% of my class (thou my school doesnt rank). </p>

<p>However, my SAT 1 scores are terrible. my highest single sitting is 1870 (700M, 570W, 600CR and 680M, 590CR, 600W ), and 1910 Superscore...</p>

<p>Is 1870 and 1910 superscore too low for UWM I really wanna attend this school (for Business) .... help. If there's chance, how big would it be?:s</p>

<p>I don’t think your SAT scores are terrible. I am more familiar with ACT scores, and when looking at ACT/SAT score concordance, 600CR + 700M = 1300, and 1300 is the equivalent of a 29 ACT score. A 29 ACT score is nothing to sneeze at!</p>

<p>[Compare</a> ACT and SAT Scores | ACT](<a href=“http://www.act.org/solutions/college-career-readiness/compare-act-sat/]Compare”>http://www.act.org/solutions/college-career-readiness/compare-act-sat/)</p>

<p>UW-Madison wants smart international students like you who can presumably afford to attend!</p>

<p>SAT scores seem in above average range for UW, well above the 500=average scaling used in the US. Have no idea what your grading system means. You would have to use the 4.0=A, 3.0=B etc. with no weighting of grades for IB , Honors et al for us to know what they mean.</p>

<p>Those are impressive IB scores, and with full IB, will make a strong impact. SAT is fine, not awful, by UW standards though for international admits probably just depends on how the rest of the international pool looks. </p>

<p>Hang in there, all is not lost, though seem like it could go either way.</p>