CR: 520
Writing: 480</p>

<p>Extracurriculars
Basketball Team
Student Council Treasurer
Model United Nations
Mu Alpha Theta</p>

<p>Toefl Score: 100, they ask for a 79</p>

<p>I'm from Colombia and english isn't my first language. Chance me please thanks</p>

<p>Oh and I would be majoring in electrical and computer engineering</p>

<p>any help…</p>

<p>To be honest, your math score on the SATs are quite low for Engineering… Even though you are an international applicant, there are a lot of other people who score over 700+ on math. I don’t think you’d be accepted into the First Year Engineering program, maybe Undergraduate Studies Program since they are a bit more lenient and the fact that your an Int’l student. But I can be wrong, so you never know. IMHO though I don’t see you getting in.</p>

<p>doesnt purdue have
Percent applicants admitted: 72%</p>

<h1>5% had h.s. GPA of 3.75 and higher</h1>

<h1>23% had h.s. GPA between 3.5 and 3.74</h1>

<h1>14% had h.s. GPA between 3.25 and 3.49</h1>

<h1>18% had h.s. GPA between 3.0 and 3.24</h1>

<h1>9% had h.s. GPA between 2.5 and 2.99</h1>

<h1>1% had h.s. GPA between 2.0 and 2.49</h1>

<p>i fall in the 28 percent plus im an international
My toefl is 21 points more than needed</p>

<p>SAT Critical Reading: 490 - 610 80%
SAT Math: 530 - 660 80%
SAT Writing: 490 - 600 80%</p>

<p>SAT is also good</p>

<p>Why do you think that being an international is going to help your application?</p>

<p>Your SAT is good to their average, but their Engineering program is COMPLETELY different in terms of their averages. I’m pretty sure even an admission officer would agree with me and everyone else that somewhat knows the admissions system. If you had a higher Math score of 650+, I’d be pretty sure your chances are good but not with a 610. Your GPA may be good but if your CR/W aren’t that great then they’d look at your math score which is low also. There are people who are majoring in liberal arts who have way higher math scores than you, no offense and they don’t really have to do any math or any high level of math like you. If you can’t do math well then your pretty much screwed in Engineering and will probably be one of the large number of people dropping out of the program. I may sound harsh but I’m just telling you my opinion on this. </p>

<p>Balthezar, I think he said that since Purdue usually likes to have their Int’l student population so admissions are usually quite easier. If they have lets say a 700M/400CR/400W and a 3.3 GPA and an average TOEFL score then they’d to imho be accepted. I have a few int’l student friends and asked them how their grades were, all of them had very high math scores but really low CR/W scores.</p>