Chance an International Student

<p>Hello everyone!</p>

<p>My name's Matheus and I'm Brazilian 11th grade High School student. I would really like to go to Purdue but I don't really know if I have what it takes to get accepted.</p>

<p>My intended major is Aerospace Engineering. I have taken the SAT and my scores weren't as good as I wish they would. Math 640, CR 630 and W 530, total 1800. My TOEFL score is 100. </p>

<p>I'm ranked 2nd out of 108 in my school, which is a very competitive one. It's ranked 11th in Sao Paulo's (biggest city in Brazil) ranking. My grades are mostly B (B is a high standard grade in Brazil, compared to US standards). I have A in Math and Physics (my favorite subjects).</p>

<p>I'm native portuguese speaker. My English is fine. I speak basic Spanish and I'm studying German right now.</p>

<p>I do volunteer work and swimming classes. Unfortunately, EC structure in Brazil is awful and we don't have almost any clubs. I will participate on the Cuban Missile Crisis simulation this year and maybe I will be on the organizing committee for next's year simulation.</p>

<p>Our school curriculum is kinda locked too. We have mandatory Math, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Portuguese, English, PE, Philosophy, Sociology, Geography and History. There are unfortunately no APs or Honors classes. Our high school system lasts only three years.</p>

<p>Thank you all for your help.</p>

<p>you’re most likely in. but i’d work on your SAT scores and take subject tests, if i were you.</p>

<p>Increasing your SAT math score would help a lot… 640 on math for an international student is kind of low imo.</p>

<p>^ whats the typical int’ll store for math ? and domestic students ?</p>

<p>Not sure but I usually see internationals having a 700+ on Math. Why I say this is because most of the internationals I know got 700+ on Math but 500’s in CR/W.</p>

<p>Thanks for the tips, folks. </p>

<p>Oh, and I retook the TOEFL: 114/120. </p>

<p>I am most likely going to retake the SAT next year as I’m using my winter vacation to study. </p>

<p>Thank you!</p>