Chance an NC Kid?

<p>Copy and Pasted from other threads</p>

<p>Currently a Junior</p>

<p>Stats:
African American
Highly Competitive Private School
GPA 3.2 UW (3.4-3.5 W), weighted grade will increase with AP's hopefully to about a 3.6-3.8
Also a very big upward trend from what was about a 2.5-2.7 freshmen year.
School doesn't rank also.</p>

<p>Classes (will only list science and math): all of this is on an honors tracks at my school which doesn't offer a ton of AP's and unlike public schools doesn't offer an honors class for most courses, but they would be by most other schools standards honors.
Freshmen: Algebra II and Honors Physics
Sophmore: Pre-Calculus and Chemistry
Junior: AP Calculus AB and AP Biology
Senior (most likely): AP Statistics/AP Calculus BC and AP Chemistry</p>

<p>SAT: 1850 first time (will be up to 2000-2200 by 2nd or 3rd time) also taking two subject test.</p>

<p>Will have 7/8 AP's by end of senior year. </p>

<p>EC's/Volunteering (~500 hours):
Marine Biology Club (9)
Futsal Club (10)
Soccer Team (JV 9,10 Varsity 10, 11)
Tennis Team (9)
Acolyting at Church (9,10,11)
Ushering at Church (11,12)
Appalachian Service Project (9,10,11,12)
Random Service Hours from small things
Vacation Bible School (9,10,11,12)
New Orleans Mission Trip
Stop Hunger Now Volunteer (11,12)
I really enjoy Stop Hunger Now and will probably write one of the essays on my work with them as well as hopefully become an intern this summer and lead meal making events at a college or two for their event where they make a million meals with the combined work of volunteers from a few colleges. </p>

<p>I might have 1-3 other clubs, I just have to see what constitutes being part of a club since I have gone to sessions of other clubs. Also keep in mind my private school is small so creating clubs is very hard to do since common interest is so hard to come by.</p>

<p>Awards:
JV Soccer MVP (10)
World History Award (10)</p>

<p>I'm getting help with my Essays and they will be good.
Recommendations will be amazing with two coming from great teachers (one who attended Yale and has taught at multiple colleges) who both like me a lot. I also plan to get a recommendation from an organization called Stop Hunger Now where I volunteer. They send prepackaged meals to other countries where hunger is abundant.</p>

<p>The GPA may hurt but your test scores & extra curriculars will definitely supplement your application. Also, you have a pretty rigorous schedule. I would say you are a match for purdue</p>

<p>ur in. don't worry about it.</p>