Chance an OOS Applicant?

<p>Hey guys, it would really appreciate it if you all could chance me for Texas A&M. </p>

<p>Major: Petroleum Engineering
OOS</p>

<p>School: S********* HS (Ranked 49 best high school in the US) (Also ranked 1st in NYC)
GPA: 3.7/4.0 [School doesn't weigh GPA ]
SAT: 2160 (M+R=1450) (Super Score 2180 but Utexas doesn't SS)
ACT: 33 (M:36 S:35 E:31 R:30)
SAT II: Math II: 800
High School Course: 6 AP Classes as a senior: AP Calculus BC, AP Physics B, AP Government, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Comparative Government. Also took AP US & AP World Tests (4 and 4 Score)
Took Physics Research Honors class, Enriched Honors Geometry, Enriched Global History as a junior and freshman</p>

<p>Extracurriculars:
President of JSA Chapter (Debate and Civic Action Club, also largest HS student organization in US)
Also have a regional chapter position for JSA Northeast State
President of FBLA Chapter (Largest Business Student run organization in US)
Founded and was president of a Tech Review Club
Member of Science Olympiad (Tech Division)
Member of School's Board of Elections
Marketing Manager of a small family owned repair business
Events Coordinator for my school's MSA (Muslim Student Association) - also fundraised over $1000 for victims of OKC Tornado
Intern for Grace Meng's Congressional Campaign
Also Won multiple awards for webdesign, business venture, newsletter design and quizbowl.
Taught Math and English to 8th Graders to prepare for SHSAT Examination (Test for High Schools Admissions in NYC)
Submitted Research projects to Intel, Toshiba, and NYCSEF
Also was my middle school valedictorian</p>

<p>Note: I also applied to UT Austin, Colorado School of Mines and Penn State for Petroleum Engineering.
My high school is extremely competitive, very difficult to have a high GPA, but I tried my best
I am also the ONLY person from my school applying to TAMU.
On AIS it already says Petroleum Engineering (Lower) which means that the Upper spots have been filled :(
Hopefully there is space left for me!</p>

<p>Wrote Essays A,B and C for Applytexas.</p>

<p>I’m applying from NYC too! I really can’t chance you because I’m in the same position as you but good luck and I hope we both get in!
When did you submit your app?</p>

<p>You have a fantastic chance of being accepted! I was accepted today with a 3.8 GPA and 29 ACT. I also come from a well-ranked school that does not rank its students. Don’t worry about it, and keep a look-out for a decision on your Howdy portal! :)</p>

<p>You look good to me. My son was admitted into Aerospace Engineering with similar (little better SAT & APs, poorer extracurriculars and leadership) statistics.</p>

<p>Have you visited Texas and Texas A&M? Both are great, but they are very different campuses and student bodies. We loved A&M and liked Texas. Austin is not NYC, but it is much more of a big-city campus. College Station is a smaller town, with a much more sprawling campus.</p>

<p>Thanks to everyone for responding! And congrats to those who got in as well! 5am- I sent in my app mid November, which was kinda late but hopefully not too many spots are filled.</p>

<p>GreenDunker4, looks like you have good scores and grades! To put your mind at ease, at least a little, “Lower” level does not mean all the “upper” levels are filled. Until all your core classes are completed, freshman are all considered lower level. Make sense? So, generally, assuming you have a good grade point average at the end of your freshman year, you should move to upper level and take upper level classes when you are a sophomore. My daughter was accepted in September as a lower level engineering student for the class of 2018 and my older daughter, already an Aggie, is an upper level ME. So that doesn’t mean the spots have all been filled. Good luck!</p>

<p>Agree with everyone, you have put yourself in a great position for acceptance. I also would highly recommend visiting the three schools - I have been to all three, they are entirely different atmospheres. CSM is in a very small town, small school-mostly conservative,entirely focused on engineering and has predominantly male student body (3:1). UT is in a big city, liberal, and very spirited large school. TAMU is a college town, conservative, large school filled with traditions & spirit. All three have great reputations for academics & future employment, but each appeals to a certain type of student. Being happy while at school really does have an impact on your chances for success. Good luck in finding your match!</p>

<p>NeMom- your experience with lower level certainly eases my mind- I was absolutely worried that all the spots were full. Agmom- ill definitely end up visiting the schools over spring break here in NYC. From what I’ve heard, AM is like the Cornell of Texas.</p>