Chance an Upward Trend for Purdue

<p>I'm a current junior at a prep school in SE PA. I didn't take school seriously until this year. I will address that in my college essay. Also, does Purdue have a form of GPA forgiveness, such as putting emphasis on my Junior and Senior Grades? Will they notice my upward trend, and will is sway them into a decision? Should I apply as early as possible because of rolling admissions</p>

<p>Applying: Undecided</p>

<p>Freshman: 2.65
Sophomore: 2.66
Junior (So Far) 3.71</p>

<p>My Cumulative GPA going into my senior year will be around 2.95-3.05 (Will continue getting good grades senior year)</p>

<p>Have not taken the SAT or ACT yet, my guidance counselor thinks i'll do better on the ACT though. Because of my science and math grades.</p>

<p>PSAT: 187</p>

<p>Awards: 9th Grade Academic Achievement award in Programming, 10th grade JV hockey all star, JV hockey coaches award</p>

<p>Leadership: Head of Programming robotics team, Class Officer</p>

<p>ECs: FIRST Robotics, academic competition, March for Life club, varsity ice hockey, Theatre Society, stock market club, intramural soccer and volleyball, Club ice hockey, eBay powerseller, jv lacrosse, and 250+ hours of community service.</p>

<p>Other Schools im considering:
Drexel
Temple
Fairfield
Hofstra
Purdue
Northeastern
Syracuse
WPI
RIT
RPI
and possibly BU</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Well I have a more constant upward trend than you and I got accepted.</p>

<p>Freshmen: 3.01
Sophomore: 3.34
Junior: 3.43
Senior (1st Semester): 3.53</p>

<p>bump, my cumulative gpa going into senior year is a 2.95 and i got a 27 on my act, please note the upward trend and other information above, thanks</p>

<p>They will definitely notice an upward trend. This is something that they like to see. I would apply early as possible because there’d be less students to compare you too. I think you have a decent chance of getting in but don’t be surprised if they request your 7th semester grades.</p>