Chance at Petroleum engineering?

<p>All academic and top 10% admits that apply get their first choice of major, unless they apply late near the deadline. Engineering fills up quickly, but if you apply now, you ARE guaranteed to get into Engineering. Just wanted to put your nerves to rest. You’ll go into general engineering with a preference in petroleum, if you do well in your first classes, you’ll be a shoe-in. After coming from such a competitive school, you should have the study habits developed to do very well in freshman classes.</p>

<p>Wow I didn’t know that. My application will be submitted next week. Do you think that is early enough to get what I want? That would be sweet.</p>

<p>@TAMUPreMed - Do you have any info on the scholarship you mentioned? Where do I go? Is it part of the applyTexas?</p>

<p>Yes. Admissions told me the only major that fills up in less than a week is the masters program for visualization because so many graduates from that program work for Pixar.</p>

<p>Good news! Thanks!</p>

<p>@TJD fill out the universal A&M Scholarship Application by December 1st. I actually contemplated filling it out and then finally did it approaching 12AM on December 1st Lol good thing I did because it gave me thousands of $$$</p>

<p>TAMUPremed, waiting until Dec. 1 would be a TERRIBLE idea for an engineering major. The application should be filled out right away. As soon as possible.</p>

<p>@Cromette I was talking about the universal scholarship application for all majors, not the application for admission. Goodness.</p>