Chance at some hefty schools.

<p>Hi I live in California. I am a junior and I have a 3.55 uw/3.7 w gpa.my psaat score is 194 and im taking sats in june. im am aiming for ~2000-2100. I'm looking at
UC Berkeley
UCLA
Northwestern (ED)
UChicago (EA)
Boston College
NYU
Cornell</p>

<p>What are my chances please?</p>

<p>I’m not really one to tell people they’re chances, but usually people provide more information for these. Look at some other chance threads and the information they provide, because there’s a bit more too it than your GPA and SAT score.</p>

<p>internship for council member at los angeles city hall( just started this semester)
varsity swimming (9th-present) League Champ in 2 events in 10th grade
president of beta club (starting 10th grade. secretary in 9th grade)
member of film club and disaster relief club
60 hours of volunteering at local hospital
aids walk 2009 2010</p>

<p>weak aps 10th grade: euro 4 chem 3
11th grade: ap bio, us, lang, calc ab, and comparative gov (independent study course) </p>

<p>grew up in low income. family of 5 in one bedroom apartment. </p>

<p>also. in summer of 2009 and winter of 2011, i went to morocco with my family. i tutored kids in my neighborhood in english for about 3 weeks each time</p>

<p>Sorry to be mean but…this doesn’t connect for me…
“grew up in low income.” and “also. in summer of 2009 and winter of 2011, i went to morocco with my family.”</p>

<p>Berkley will be a little hard because they cant use affirmative action (they do “holistic” admission). but they make you write a essay on your challenges in life so you can talk about being black in that which will help you. Northeastern: you have a decent chance. dont even apply to NYU because they dont cover full financial aid and their financial aid package are known to suck so unless you are willing to take over 30k of loans a year, dont even apply. cornell would be a reach unless you write a very emotional essay and have lots of awards and ecs.</p>

<p>ok. i take that back. im low income compared to all the rich kids on this forum. my family income is about 45K. we are immigrants from morocco (the south which is considered african american). we went to morocco in 2009 for the first time in 8 years since immigrating and i thought it would be great to tutor local kids in english. i went back in winter of 2011 after my grandmother passed away and i decided to tutor again, for free of course.</p>

<p>Btw, I have two older brothers who currently attend Berkeley. Idk if that will help me in any way. </p>

<p>And i forgot to add the i have been a member of a mentorship program called ACE (architecture, construction, engineering) since freshman year
[ACE</a> Mentor Program](<a href=“http://www.acementor.org/]ACE”>http://www.acementor.org/)</p>

<p>And i have been a mentor to freshman through a Gear UP College Awareness Program at our school since sophomore year.</p>

<p>Oh and ilikepizza, i was talking about Northwestern University in Evanston, IL not Northeastern in Boston.</p>

<p>Thank You</p>

<p>^
that’s quite a difference…</p>

<p>revival. finished junior year with 3.61 uw and 3.87 weighted overall high school.
ok. my sat scores was so much lower than expected but its ok cuz i came back from a flight at 1 am and slept at 2am and took the test at 8. sat is 600 cr, 620 w, 10 essay, 590 math= 1810. grrr! will definitely retake.</p>

<p>so what are my chances if i can get it up to 2000 by october.</p>