Chance at TAMU

<p>Intended major: Nuclear Engineering</p>

<p>I am an academic auto admit (top 10%), white in-state male
Weighted GPA: 4.7810
Non-weighted GPA: 3.6190
ACT: 27 (mediocre, I plan on retaking)
Rigorous schedule (AP Chem, AP Physics C, AP Gov/Economics, AP Lit, honors precal this year)</p>

<p>ECS:
Marching band for 4 years
Academy of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics ambassador for 4 years
National Honor Society for 3 years
200+ hours of community service
Received National Math Award for 2012
Founder of World Awakening Society, a sponsored school group dedicated to the discussion and application of real life material
I have been elected leader of both of my Big Event groups (the Big Event is a community service project founded by Texas A&M in which students around the country go about helping those in need). I have also led numerous engineering projects within my academy, including the design of a future school with autoCAD models and a physical model, a roller coaster with a simulation and a model, and a functioning rocket. This year we also will engineer a functioning robot.</p>

<p>Are my chances alright? I'm rather disappointed in my ACT score, but will I have the time to wait and take the Sep. one and still have a shot at the major? Thank you for your time :)</p>

<p>Race doesn’t matter, OP. You are just outside of the top 10%. Retake your ACT and make a 30. The rest of your stuff looks great! Also, hurry up and take your SAT too. Good luck, OP!</p>

<p>I agree with cromette. You would have to be ranked 58th in order to be in top 10%. Also you are probably going to need a 30 on your ACT to get into that major.</p>