Chance at Texas A&M (Mays)

<p>First off, is automatic admission to A&M intended for just the university in general or to any particular college?</p>

<p>I'm a Junior in HS right now, and am planning on applying to Mays as soon as I can. What are my chances of getting in with these specs?</p>

<p>1310 CR+M SAT
1920 CR+M+W SAT
Top 27%
3.5 GPA
A ton of EC's relating to business, including about 30 hours of community service
Leadership experience
Professional work experience in a Fortune 500 corporation
Teacher recommendations</p>

<p>I know my GPA isn't great. I'm hoping my SAT scores will be my saving grace. I'd say I could pull my GPA up to like a 3.65 by the end of 2nd semester Senior year, but I'm assuming that's way too late. I should also add that I've taken all recommended course work and 4 AP classes. Am also planning on taking another 2 next year.</p>

<p>Automatic admission is for the university in general. So if you’re in-state and you get your class rank up 2% (which shouldn’t be too difficult), you qualify for automatic admission. :)</p>

<p>Thanks, but with those figures do you think I could get into Mays?</p>

<p>As the previous post said, bring your class rank up to top 25% and you will be auto admit. My D was top 11%, 4.0 GPA, and had a 28 on act and was accepted. The key is to apply EARLY! If you apply in Sept you probably have a good shot since even now you are so close to auto admit as she was.</p>

<p>Make sure you have at least a 600 in each CR & M, and yes, just apply as soon as the app is available.</p>