Chance at UW

<p>Applying to University of Michigan, University of Wisconsin, University of Tennessee, Vanderbilt and CU Boulder.
Already accepted to Tennessee
Colorado Resident
Unweighted GPA 3.69
Weighted GPA 3.97
Class Rank 108/425
ACT Composite 30 and 26 (Super score 31) (Writing 8)
Varsity Hockey player since Sophomore Year. 2 state championships and captain senior year.
Academic Letter Every Year
Dad is alumni who won national championship for hockey
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!</p>

<p>No super scores on ACT. Unweighted gpa only. Biggest challenge for you is wanting to attend UW- you need essays to indicate this. Do you want to go to UW? Or, are you applying because of Dad? Your chances improve if you are passionate about UW. They decrease if you have no real desire. Figure out for yourself why UW would be a good choice for YOU. I am passionate about my alma mater (and was there for 2 national hockey championships) and can understand wanting to attend. I can also see a parent wanting their child to attend their alma mater.</p>

<p>Your choices are diverse. I’m sure it will be interesting for you and your family to find out where you choose to go to college. Good luck.</p>

<p>UW is definitely my number one choice and I was adamant about that in my essay. I think I have a good shot, but just looking for some other opinions. Thanks!</p>

<p>The ACT 30 is quite nice and the GPA is decent. UW is also interested in rigor - if offered at your school, did you take some honors / AP classes? </p>

<p>Earth Science Honors
US Gov Honors
World geography Honors
Biology Honors
English 10 Honors
AP US History
AP Calcium AB </p>

<p>Calculus not Calcium. Haha</p>